Al Woods turning heads in Tampa? (1 Viewer)

I thought he had gone to the Steelers?

Did TB sign him off the Steelers PS, or am I just confused?

Tampa's dl and he saints dl although the same alignment do different things with their dt's. I'm not sure what spot woods is playing with Tampa but it may be a better fit for him. Me personally I always thought he'd fit best as an end in a 3-4 guess I was wrong

Al woods held his ground in every game that i watched him in preseason. The only reason that i can imagine that the staff got rid of him and kept ayodele is because of ayodele's veteran awareness. RA knows how to get his hands up to block passes and can move a bit better in space but i still think that woods did a good job tying up blockers and clogging his lane, especially against the patriots.

i think G-Will has gone on record as saying that he doesn't like "run-cloggers", he likes athletic DTs.

i think G-Will has gone on record as saying that he doesn't like "run-cloggers", he likes athletic DTs.

then why draft him in the first place? kid has major potential. really dont see why they couldnt give him a year on the PS to see if he developed. I mean we are talking about the team that is still employing Garrett Hartley. Obviously we have SOME patience with rookies.

Ok, im taking my LSU homer glasses off, but still i really hate to see that they wasted a draft pick on a kid that wasnt good enough to make the PS.

then why draft him in the first place? kid has major potential. really dont see why they couldnt give him a year on the PS to see if he developed. I mean we are talking about the team that is still employing Garrett Hartley. Obviously we have SOME patience with rookies.

Ok, im taking my LSU homer glasses off, but still i really hate to see that they wasted a draft pick on a kid that wasnt good enough to make the PS.

If I remember right, he was offered a spot on the practice squad, but chose not to sign with the Saints, but signed with the Steelers practice squad instead. A player can chose what practice squad they go to, they don't have to stay with the team that drafted them, so once Woods was released, all the Saints could do was make an offer and he apparently turned it down.

Ryan Sims has been hot garbage his entire career. He was likely to be released with or without Wood around. So all we know is Woods is potentially better than hot garbage.

I'll be surprised if he becomes a star. He may stick with the Bucs because they are in pretty bad shape at DT, but for him to really make an impact in the entire NFL is a long shot.

It would really suck to have that happen with the Bucs, not only because they are a rival, but because we need some youth at the DT spot ourselves. The Bucs struck gold with the Titans dumb move with LeGarrett Blount, let's hope we don't have the same story for Woods later on.

If I remember right, he was offered a spot on the practice squad, but chose not to sign with the Saints, but signed with the Steelers practice squad instead. A player can chose what practice squad they go to, they don't have to stay with the team that drafted them, so once Woods was released, all the Saints could do was make an offer and he apparently turned it down.

oh really? i thought i read that they didnt make the offer. maybe i was mistaken.

Good to see an LSU boy do good.

Represent!

:idunno:

He's playing for a DIVISION RIVAL. One we are currently tied with, record wise.. I couldn't care less where he went to college--he and that team need to do horribly, for the Saints' sake.

Good for Al, however it can't be that hard to impress in Tampa Bay, they have like the WORST rush defense in the NFL.
This and Ayodele has really stepped his game up this year. I just wish he had hung around on the practice squad because I had heard he was doing pretty well.

oh really? i thought i read that they didnt make the offer. maybe i was mistaken.
They had an article not too long ago on NOLA talking about the progress of the draft picks and Loomis was quoted saying that they wanted to sign Woods to the PS, but the Steelers signed him.

Didn't want to start a new thread. Will be interesting to see how Woods performs Sunday against the Saints

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom