Alabama freshman posts Instagram photo of wads of cash (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone think Nick will be getting a call from Emmert's office soon. I know people have ways of getting money so it can be from anywhere, but come on man...

Issue or non-issue?

Alabama freshman Dee Liner did something recently that is far from unprecedented among college athletes, but also something that isn't a good idea -- he posted a photo online of himself holding a whole lot of money. This sort of thing is problematic because of what it leads people to assume. Dee Liner is free to hold however much money he wants; it doesn't necessarily mean a damn thing, but it also won't halt inescapable speculation about where that cash came from.

Liner, an elite defensive line prospect in the 2013 class, reneged on his commitment to Auburn in January and signed with the Crimson Tide.

Alabama freshman posts Instagram photo of wads of cash - SBNation.com

Hashtagging "struggle over" certainly doesn't look good. That they get paid under the table is the worst kept secret in sports today. Why you would publicize it and kill the golden goose? That is a special kind of stupid.

Anyone think Nick will be getting a call from Emmert's office soon. I know people have ways of getting money so it can be from anywhere, but come on man...

Issue or non-issue?

Alabama freshman posts Instagram photo of wads of cash - SBNation.com

Clearly has to be investigated. However given that none of the previous pictures of athletes holding massive amounts of cash has resulted in ANY sort of penalties? I'm guessing nothing will come of this either even if there's more to it than we'll ever know.

The NCAA cashed-in all illusion of credibility and responsibility for developing student-athletes a LONG time ago. They are now officially the NFL without the labor costs or any chance of a team relocating to another city...

The NCAA's corruption makes the MLB steroid scandals look like mother teresa.

Obviously I can't speak to this single instance of whatever this is beyond anyone else. However there's no way you can convince me that EVERY single picture of a recruit holding massive amounts of cash like this are all legit. It's starting to happen annually now, if not more frequently. 99% of America doesn't have access to that kinda cash where they allow 17 or 18 yr old kids to wave it around like ballers making it rain at strip clubs.

Also it's cash... how can you prove where it came from? if they even have it 5 seconds after the picture was taken? how they "earned" it? any sort of trace at all beyond I was just playing with a friend of mine's cash being stupid on FB, it's "not really mine." It's just a giant middle finger to the system saying nah nah nuh boo boo, you can't catch me. *sticks tongue out*

Congratulations NCAA, you're ruining football and corrupting the very "students" that you were charged to protect and develop into educated young men of character.

I'd also really like to see a study performed that showed where most of these "borderline passable student athletes" that squeeked into college after a great deal of massaging to get them academically qualified... to see what they are actually using this "free" degree to do? Obviously the scholarships help a lot of kids, so I'm just talking about the half brain-dead kids that I'm thinking probably have zero business anywhere near a higher education institution... did the scholarship and a college education actually make a difference in their life? or do they end up like Jordan Jefferson where they are ignored by the NFL, so they return back to their boys and get arrested doin stupid crap again? What are these borderline kids able to do with the opportunity presented to them? Perhaps you can see a statistical improvement compared to other less fortunate kids with a similar background. I have no clue... however I would really LOVE to see a yahoo expose on that subject to see if the NCAA is actually helping these kids or hurting them with the false grip on reality they give these "privileged stars." I really wanna know...

One cannot conclude from the photo how Liner got the money, whether Alabama or Bama booster had anything to do with it or if it is even Liner's money.

One can conclude:

1) Liner might be even more clueless than Johnny football; a star recruit with longstanding questions circulating about his recruitment posting pictures with big wads of cash is about as brainless as it gets.

2) Saban recruits the same type of kids all the other SEC schools do and at least for a week or so we do not have to hear that a Nick Saban player or recruit would never do something that stupid.

Last edited:
One cannot conclude from the photo how Liner got the money, whether Alabama or Bama booster had anything to do with it or if it is even Liner's money.

One can conclude:

1) Liner might be even more clueless than Johnny football; a star recruit with longstanding questions circulating about his recruitment posting pictures with big wads of cash is about as brainless as it gets.

2) Saban recruits the same type of kids all the other SEC schools do and at least for a week or so we do not have to hear that a Nick Saban player or recruit would never do something that stupid.

Got to admit, it's really refreshing to see Nick Saban's chinks in his armor and that he also has issues.

Saban's players get in all sorts of trouble, but a lot of it doesn't come to light until they leave or are processed.
That being said, I doubt there is much to this story. Just a kid being a dumb. Probably will incur the rath of Little Nicky.

Saban's players get in all sorts of trouble, but a lot of it doesn't come to light until they leave or are processed.
That being said, I doubt there is much to this story. Just a kid being a dumb. Probably will incur the rath of Little Nicky.

**** Awbarn. Cheaters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom