Alabama is the best team in the land (1 Viewer)

stevedrum

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Let's get the formalities out of the way, shall we? Here is Alabama, everyone.

Maybe you remember the Tide, last seen skulking off the field at the Superdome as the poster team for all that is wrong with the BCS while the entire free world — and a few blowhard congressmen — embraced the insanity that is overreacting to the moment.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33037432/ns/sports-college_football/?ns=sports-college_football

Naturally I thought this was a good article. :hihi:

If by "in the land" you mean the state of Alabama, then I agree.

They have looked impressive.
But it is all going to fall apart for them come the "Third Saturday in October."

I'm sure that they'll make another run at the "Regular season champs" title for the second year in a row!

i think they look good but until you beat florida, you are not the best team in the land. i cant believe where lsu is ranked. they are not one of the top 5 teams, but i will enjoy saying it while it lasts

Yall might be right they might not be the best team in the land but I really haven't seen anybody play any better than they have this year.

Call me a homer or what not but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:
As a man who hears a lot of crap from Alabama fans on their ever-glorious past, they would love nothing more to play Georgia or Tennessee then line up against Tim Tebow and Florida again. After last year's loss in the SECCG, you might as well say that Alabama gave in too, as in they just went through the motions vs Utah in the Sugar Bowl. They just went to New Orleans to see the sights and enjoy a week off lounging around on Bourbon St., because their season ended a month before in Atlanta. It takes a keen insight to see through the chest-thumping players do in press conferences, my brother, who is a hardcore Alabama fan, told me that the team may have not completely prepared for Tebow either because in the 4th quarter they broke down and fell apart. But make no bones about it, they wanted to go to Miami and play Oklahoma. And if they can avoid playing Tebow again in order to win the SEC, and be in the BCS Championship, they'll gladly take it.

There scared of him, and judging by what he's done in his college career, I wouldn't blame them. Hell, I'd be losing sleep too if Auburn went up against him, but you know we're still one of the few SEC teams Tebow's never beaten. In fact, Auburn may be one of the few SEC teams that are not as intimidated by him so much. And we've beaten him twice, both in Auburn and in the Swamp. So we don't see him wearing Kryptonite if he ever comes in our direction.

As a man who hears a lot of crap from Alabama fans on their ever-glorious past, they would love nothing more to play Georgia or Tennessee then line up against Tim Tebow and Florida again. After last year's loss in the SECCG, you might as well say that Alabama gave in too, as in they just went through the motions vs Utah in the Sugar Bowl. They just went to New Orleans to see the sights and enjoy a week off lounging around on Bourbon St., because their season ended a month before in Atlanta. It takes a keen insight to see through the chest-thumping players do in press conferences, my brother, who is a hardcore Alabama fan, told me that the team may have not completely prepared for Tebow either because in the 4th quarter they broke down and fell apart. But make no bones about it, they wanted to go to Miami and play Oklahoma. And if they can avoid playing Tebow again in order to win the SEC, and be in the BCS Championship, they'll gladly take it.

There scared of him, and judging by what he's done in his college career, I wouldn't blame them. Hell, I'd be losing sleep too if Auburn went up against him, but you know we're still one of the few SEC teams Tebow's never beaten. In fact, Auburn may be one of the few SEC teams that are not as intimidated by him so much. And we've beaten him twice, both in Auburn and in the Swamp. So we don't see him wearing Kryptonite if he ever comes in our direction.

Saintman I don't know what Alabama fans you've come across that are afraid of Tebow, but this Bama fan would love nothing more than to get a shot at him again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom