Alan Fanaca Anyone? (1 Viewer)

deltadawg

All-Pro
Reaction score
You think we go after him? I sure would like to get him!!!

Sure, why not...

Seriously, though, I would love to have Faneca... he probably has a few good years left. I'm all for improving the Oline.

No, too expensive, and a position we don't need.

We have other things to do with our money.

Great player, but, no.

ddd

I think oline is a mjor problem. we couldnt run block for anything.

I always said Haslett couldnt stop the screen because we couldnt execute one. defense and offense practice together. i think last year we were overcofident because our oline handled our dline well it showed last season our dline wasnt good. If we get a physical line either oline or dline we have a chance to game plan and create plays better. I just hope we have a physical line on defense so we can make better offensive plays. i think a lot of reggie sweep plays are poorly designed because our own dline last year was slow. if we got physical in the trenches this team is a contender for sure.

anyone know what marion barber's asking price is? i think he is a running back we need in free agency.

Im not sure about Faneca, though I would love to have him, I just feel like our big free agent expenditures are going to be elsewhere. I think we need to upgrade our oline and I am starting to feel like Goodwin is going to be starting at center, or possibly guard. I thought he looked better than Faine in his limited time last year, and I certainly think there is a better guy out there than Nesbit (run blocking) be it Goody or someone else.

I would also like to see Strief in front of Stinchcomb

Last edited:
I have my judgements on sean payton as a lucky coach. what he does this year determines if we should fire him or not. I don't have faith with his decisions so far. Simoneau, Shanle no answer for CB or a pass rush. preaches turnovers but has a defense that is just horrid that if the offense turns over the ball then we will probably lose. Our defense produces barely any turnovers never attacks the ball. brings in FA that dont see the field same with the draft. i think last year FA and draft was so awful it is beyond anything i could imagine. Meachem could pan out as well as young but we had the same team as we did in 06 never upgraded. if we lay another egg we need to demote loomis and fire payton. I started questioning payton when we got blown out in 06 by the ravens and were owned by the AFC. last year the steelers in preseason and then the colts. i said we are the same team we will not hit 500.

I have my judgements on sean payton as a lucky coach. what he does this year determines if we should fire him or not. I don't have faith with his decisions so far. Simoneau, Shanle no answer for CB or a pass rush. preaches turnovers but has a defense that is just horrid that if the offense turns over the ball then we will probably lose. Our defense produces barely any turnovers never attacks the ball. brings in FA that dont see the field same with the draft. i think last year FA and draft was so awful it is beyond anything i could imagine. Meachem could pan out as well as young but we had the same team as we did in 06 never upgraded. if we lay another egg we need to demote loomis and fire payton. I started questioning payton when we got blown out in 06 by the ravens and were owned by the AFC. last year the steelers in preseason and then the colts. i said we are the same team we will not hit 500.

Did you post this in the right thread? I don't see anything about Faneca anywhere in your post?

Faine, Nesbit and Stinchcomb were not very good last year especially in the running game.

Faine = out
Nesbit = signed but hopefully not the starter
Stinchcomb = Would love a replacement here

Faneca could easily come in at LG and make our OL sick, assuming Goodwin starts at C, with the push up the middle.

i wanted to put it with my post above. i made it a new reply :(

why isnt stinch a RG or LG? Him at Rt is a liability if you watch the bears game he cant handle pass rushes well. he always tag teams with a TE.

Nesbit got a 1-year deal (I believe) to allow Alleman to compete for the starting spot. The hope is, i'm sure, that Alleman will win the starting position.

Faneca is way, way, way overpriced. Most "elite" guards are, but if we're going to spend too much at that position at least spend it on extending a young Jahri Evans.

No, too expensive, and a position we don't need.

We have other things to do with our money.

Great player, but, no.

ddd

The most overlooked weakness on our team is run blocking. Brees makes the Oline look like the best b/c of his elite awareness and ability to get rid of it soon. Also having Reggie Bush as a check down means he won't hold it to long. However run blocking is horrible, I can name about 3 holes they opened this year where you could "drive a truck" through. The chargers open those kind of holes twice a game. I want to see some more freeway holes and Faneca is the kind of guy you do it with. If Reggie Bush is their franchise guy, then put the bulls in front of him. Faneca/JB/Evans...thats 3 elite guys outta 5.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom