Saints Alan12's 2019 Training Camp Observations - Sunday, August 11th (1 Viewer)

Thanks. I love this stuff.

I find myself doing several passes through your write ups. Too much to take in on a first read. How cool is that!

Well in the preseason game he was facing a lot of double teams from what I saw due to Jordan not playing. Today at practice I noticed he was playing some LDE in a few situations so he was having to deal with Ramczyk who as we all know, is easily a top-5 RT. Which is why Hendrickson was able to have a few big splash plays today at RDE considering Armstead didn't practice and he was getting to go up against Newhouse. If Davenport got to go against Newhouse today, he likely would've gotten a few more mentions today, but I'm not concerned about his development. I think he'll be ready when the real bullets start flying next month.
Thanks for the response and observation. My opinion is that he didn't play all that well the first game. Whether it was planned or whatever it was, I wasn't impressed. But I am not judging him on this one game. It is preseason. So I am not worried.

Despite making the Wednesday practice and the game on Friday, I ended up back on Airline today for a 3rd trip to the city in 5 days and I'm certainly beat. However, I'm glad I did because after looking at the usual updates thread, I see the beat writers and local reporters really stiffed y'all on the Twitter updates today. Thankfully the first two-thirds of practice weren't as soulcrushing as Wednesday's practice was and those in attendance and the team were able to enjoy the cloud cover from the overcast skies and even yes, a slight breeze (Brees?) for a little while until it started cooking for the last two 11v11 sessions. Anyways, here's my recap from my notes.
Some players then did a little individual work, OL in the endzone, most notably Brees was throwing a couple of passes to Butler (mostly 20 yard skinny post-routes) and then Carr came join in for a bit, but it was great seeing Brees and Butler working on a little timing. Hopefully that additional timing work pays off for us big in late-January, early-February.

Hope y'all enjoyed reading. I'm likely going to be able to make one more practice this year (either on the 21st or 22nd, currently undecided at the moment) so y'all can expect one more of these this year at least. ?

Where's the pics and videos; you're such a slacker.

I kid. I kid.

Awesome report.

Thanks.

Thanks. I love this stuff.

I find myself doing several passes through your write ups. Too much to take in on a first read. How cool is that!

Hahaha, certainly flattering, MightyMite!

I know what you mean though because I catch myself having to go through my own write-ups a few times because as I type, I end up moving around sections and then forget to proofread it and there may be a few areas where something doesn't make sense due to me moving what was originally there either a few sentences ahead or later. :hihi:

Thanks for the response and observation. My opinion is that he didn't play all that well the first game. Whether it was planned or whatever it was, I wasn't impressed. But I am not judging him on this one game. It is preseason. So I am not worried.

It's all good, and yeah, I think we'll get a true glimpse into what the future may hold in the 3rd preseason game where he and Jordan will be on the field together and he won't be able to be double teamed as much.

Where's the pics and videos; you're such a slacker.

I kid. I kid.

Awesome report.

Thanks.

Hahahahaha, I need more hands! :0016:

Another goodin! Thanks man, can't wait till next one.

Much appreciated, bleedit! Thanks for reading!

I'm starting to lean to going to the one on the 21st since there will be an off day before and I feel they may be fresher than if I go on the 22nd.

Another reason I'm steering away from the practice on the 22nd is since it's right before they leave to go to New York for the 3rd preseason game, making me think that practice will likely be more toned down to prevent any unnecessary injuries right before the only "important" preseason game.

Welp, now I need to watch Corbin Kaufusi more based on your description of how he handled drills. I'm intrigued and excited now about what he can do.

He's certainly an intriguing prospect due to his massive size. If they can develop him where he can regularly set the edge in the run game and pick up a few pass rush moves, he could be a solid contributor on this defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom