Alas , its time (1 Viewer)

I guess he wasn't forcing it when he played pitch and catch with the guy in the Raider uniform.

Because Brees has never in his career thrown an interception right to a defender lol.

Sometimes quarterbacks time things correctly and sometimes they don't.

There's no timing involved when your receiver is stationary and there's a dude smack in between y'all.

There are many who currently have this incorrect opinion......so you definitely are not the Lone Ranger.

I don't know how you can call that incorrect seeing the Raiders defense tonight. They were rushing to LOS before he even started to throw because they knew he wasn't going to go passed the 1st down marker. At least with Taysom, they would have to be prepared for a shot play, and in the worst case, he at least has the athleticism to get yards with his feet.

How is that wrong, especially when Brees crippled this team tonight?

I don't know how you can call that incorrect seeing the Raiders defense tonight. They were rushing to LOS before he even started to throw because they knew he wasn't going to go passed the 1st down marker. At least with Taysom, they would have to be prepared for a shot play, and in the worst case, he at least has the athleticism to get yards with his feet.

How is that wrong, especially when Brees crippled this team tonight?

Probably because I don't base my opinion of a future first ballot Hall of Fame quarterback on one game where he really didn't have that many possessions........ In a second game of a season, no less.

Jameis Winston went from 5,000 yard passer to third string quarterback, likely because he doesn't have the offense down.

Taysom Hill has shown himself to be a hard-working all-around asset, but there is nothing (from training camp or otherwise) that would indicate he's ready to even be a full-time starter in the NFL..... let alone a Super Bowl quarterback in a "win now" season.

This is just another case of people being overly emotional and caught in the moment.

Can't be any dumber than those who are throwing in the towel when this has literally happened now for 3 years in a row. A 1-1 start and a bad defensive outing within the first couple of games......the last two times it resulted in 13-3.
I get that....and we were without the best best receiver in the game / still down davenport rankins....but how can you not see the broken record exact same problems happening on the defense?

Are we all sort of forgetting that one of the best WRs in the league was not with us this game? That for sure impacted the offense.
They still went up to a commanding lead at which point the defense collapsed and then the play calling changed on offense too. No Taysom and abandon the run. Broken record.

But the defense was the most of the story.

Brees played good enough that if our defense could stop anything we should have still won.
Theres no reason that defensive talent should be committing these penalties and huge plays

Brees should have retired. I hate to see him look like a shell of his former self, and all of the zip on his passes is gone! Time to give Taysom Hill the offense.

All of Drewā€™s passes look like theyā€™re in slow motion! Every team they face from this s point on knows full well that they can crowd the short areas because Brees canā€™t throw deep

The one pass that concerns me the most is the out route to j. hill. He was open by five yards, Drew stepped into the throw and completely missed him. In years past, that ball would've hit hill in the chest plate. His accuracy has carried him through these last five years, but it seems that so far this year it's letting him down.

We played like crap and Brees looks like an old quarterback.. but it's only week two of a strange year with no preseason. Concerned? Heck yes, but we'll see where this goes. We'll get to looking better than we did last night, I'm sure. But beyond that is where the uncertainty really lies.

He said himself that they had some shot plays drawn up, but the coverages dictated more of a check down.

So imagine all the whining that would have gone on if he tried to force it anywayšŸ˜‚.

He forced several passes last night.

I love Drew Brees. But father time has come. I'm not going to talk about his arm strength ( though I should) , His mobility is the issue.

The NFL gets faster , bigger more athletic every year. Today's top offenses boast quarterbacks that can move or at very least buy a second or two so that someone can get open.

Russell Wilson , Patrick Mahaomes , Aaron Rodgers , Joe Burrow , Lamar Jackson , Deshaun Watson and even Cam Newton has made a resurgent effort. ( There are many more to name )

They are able to excel because their athleticism gives their receivers 2nd and 3rd chances all on one play.

An added bonus is defenses usually keep a spy meaning less help in coverage due to the threat of the run.

Drew cannot move , so if the immediate read isn't there , its likely a negative play and if we are lucky he can get rid of it.

Sean Payton has schemed to keep Drew as young as possible, now we're just at the point he's crippling himself as a play caller and our offense along with it.

I can defend Drew's physical shortcomings , but it seems he's making more mental mistakes than usual as well and I feel thats due to him forcing things knowing he's not where he once was. Its bugging him.

Out of respect I want Drew to see if he can right the ship next week. But if we are as offensively inept as we have been the last few games as we have been with Drew under center , I think its time to hand the keys to Taysom.

Also , Ramczyck needs to be priority over Lattimore.
Ball control , run , pass , play action . I think the play calling from Payton was questionable most of the time . And most of the time when Kamara got the ball he made yards then they would take him out the game . And where was plays from Taysom Hill who always makes plays . Sometimes I think Peat is made out of peanut brittle as big as he is he always gets hurt . Got out coached and yes Drew has loss arm strength and accuracy . Packers next and they will throw long passes all game unless we keep the ball out of Aaron's hands. Just my 2 cents.

Honestly, I like to see more Hill as well. If hes the future then let's see some of that. However, last night was 80% on the defense. Couldn't get off the field on 3rd down, let one TE dominate every player we put on him, penalties, penalties,penalties and forgot how to tackle. The Raiders last touchdown was inexcusable. 3 &10 and you give up a rushing TD... If we hold them to 3 we might have won that game...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom