Albuquerque,NM (1 Viewer)

tinman

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Hi y'all;

After way to many years in upstate NY we escaped. Landed in Norcal & was devastated when the company closed the week before we got there(after selling the house & moving the family/animals/extended members cross country). It took a few months, but we finally have settled back in ALB. Lots of friends here, but only 1 Saints fan outside of the family!
IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?
Completely surrounded by enemy camps. Mostly Broncos & cowboys, but a sprinkling of Pittsburgh & Las Vegas(I mean Oakland). Nobody likes AZ in NM.

I've made gumbo for Emerils & Commanders Palace. Still looking for real andouille here; but it's gumbo on the stove 24/7 soon. Haven't shared a bowl & beer w/a fellow Saints fan watching a game in years. Any Duke City WHO DATS, want some real cajun food?

Red or green?

3 things I learned while working there.

1. Every, and I mean every, food comes with red or green chili sauce.
2. Road Runners aren’t even close to the same size I imagined from the cartoon.
3. Desert and Hot have zero correlation.

I've been yearning to visit the ABQ simply on the awesomeness of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Los Pollos Hermanos - the Popeyes of New Mexico. :p

Last edited:
Red or green?

3 things I learned while working there.

1. Every, and I mean every, food comes with red or green chili sauce.
2. Road Runners aren’t even close to the same size I imagined from the cartoon.
3. Desert and Hot have zero correlation.

They’re pretty dang big though

My father in law is a converted Who Dat. He lives in Corrales (right outside of ALB). He loves beer and food. They have good local beer out there, but I didn’t see any Cajun restaurants last time I was there. Check out the petroglyphs, pretty interesting, and great hiking.

ABQ is a great place! MY daughter was born in Santa Fe. I worked for the Coyote Cafe in SF, before moving to ABQ. We left 20 years ago to help my MIL(huge mistake) & stayed til the kids were out of school. My 4th time returning to ABQ! Not leaving unless it's feet 1st.
Strange for a boy from Carencro.

Christmas is the truth! So hard to choose. I always have both in the freezer.
Balloon Fiesta was last month, they fly over the house daily. My wife takes "pictures from the tub" daily got lots of shots.
Mary & Tito's on 4th st. is the bomb! my fav place for almost 40 years. Their red chile is awesome, direct from a farm a few miles away!
Corrales is literally about 5miles down the street from me. (Tractor Supply Co.)
I get roadrunners in the yard occasionally. The dogs are greatly entertained. They can also fly(luckily for the birds)
My friends are the main crew(transport/construction/production) for filming here. Netflix just signed a contract to expand the local film complex.
The "dry" heat is a thing! In NO getting under the shade will never help. Here the temp drops 5-10F. 100+ is still brutal.
I've always used Tabasco in my ice cream base, lately I have experimented w/a Choc/Chipotle ice cream.

VP, i tried. For awhile I had no internet connection(Norcal mountains). I am almost completely computer illiterate & it escapes me. My computer expert(my son), went back to NY for school. I'm still a BIG fan of #2 & a legal pad! So, get off my lawn!!( a cry for help)

SO, if no locals, y'all are welcome when coming thru!

WHO DAT!

Balloon Fiesta was last month, they fly over the house daily. My wife takes "pictures from the tub" daily got lots of shots.

VP, i tried. For awhile I had no internet connection(Norcal mountains). I am almost completely computer illiterate & it escapes me. My computer expert(my son), went back to NY for school. I'm still a BIG fan of #2 & a legal pad! So, get off my lawn!!( a cry for help)

WHO DAT!

So...

you have a year to get ready for the next balloon gathering! :)

As re: update your profile, just right-click on your name at the top right of the screen (then select Open in New Tab) and it should take you right to the page that you need.

Good luck!

If you get down to Las Vegas, NM, the Palace Hotel on the square is great. Great restaurant too. The square was the location for Longmire. Some of No Country for Old Men filmed near there. The hotel puts pictures near the doors of actors who have stayed in those rooms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom