Alcohol in Alabama (1 Viewer)

While stationed in Pascagoula, I lived in George County, a dry county. I had to stock up while on the coast before going home for the weekend. Just after retirement, I moved to Rankin County, a dry county at the time, and had to drive over to Hinds County for my refreshments. Not sure about George County but Rankin changed their law a while back while I still lived there. Seems there are a lot of dry counties/parishes out there. Hard to believe in this day and age.
Lucedale in George County isn’t dry any more, but they only sell beer and wine, and there’s a ton of restrictions on when, where, and how.

Lucedale in George County isn’t dry any more, but they only sell beer and wine, and there’s a ton of restrictions on when, where, and how.

Excellent, and yeh, that's where I was. My oldest graduated from George County High School.

While stationed in Pascagoula, I lived in George County, a dry county. I had to stock up while on the coast before going home for the weekend. Just after retirement, I moved to Rankin County, a dry county at the time, and had to drive over to Hinds County for my refreshments. Not sure about George County but Rankin changed their law a while back while I still lived there. Seems there are a lot of dry counties/parishes out there. Hard to believe in this day and age.
I know a guy who lived in Poplarville who used to just take the 20 minute drive to Bogalusa before he moved.

Decent site to get the rules...

Bottom line, the closer you are to New Orleans, the more lenient the rules.

1627257010075.png
1627257057733.png
1627257097778.png
1627257168866.png

Yeah I'm just not gonna drink next year. Waste of money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom