Alec Baldwin Accidentally Kills Cinematographer on Set of New Movie (1 Viewer)

No, no, not taken personally. I appreciate this. Thank you. And I wasn't pressing X to cast guilt on you, but we were missing the context of your info which made it hard to receive at face value. I laugh when people accuse me of being gullible and just believing whatever blurb or headline I read and want to ask, "Do you KNOW me?" I'm pretty capable of forming my own opinions, rightly or wrongly, and also amending them (could be read as equivocating. I am a Libra after all).

I regret when I come across as critical when I don't mean to be, but it's a hazard. I agree with your last 2 sentences, esp. that we've lost the innocence before guilt. However, I kind of find it self defense to not take people at only face value from the jump no matter what kind of world we're in. But I do keep an open mind. Heck, guido and I are maybe almost kinda friends.
even i call BS on that :) just messin

and i remember all the swimmer drama...i have been a long time member here and dont post a lot...mainly read...I just see how people get blown up when they chat here way to many times...In this case I happen to know something that is factual...I knew about the shooting before it was on news feeds...i didnt come running here to post it because it was gonna play out the way it plays out...plus i didnt care about what happened on set since it did effect me...i was busy on a hunt and that was my focus. I barely got back from the hunt 2 days ago and was getting caught up on my past readings and came accoss the 21 page thread and what i knew was not mentioned so i shared...take it for whatever you want..And this isnt directed at you marsha ...i am just rambing...I have read a crapload of your posts and I dont see you as one of the nuts on here...you seem well rounded in your thinking..I know that statement is gonna get attacked just that is just what happens here with certain individuals......Sad when this world cannot take people at face value any more...there was a time people were innocent before being found guilty...

and i remember all the swimmer drama...i have been a long time member here and dont post a lot...mainly read...I just see how people get blown up when they chat here way to many times...In this case I happen to know something that is factual...I knew about the shooting before it was on news feeds...i didnt come running here to post it because it was gonna play out the way it plays out...plus i didnt care about what happened on set since it did effect me...i was busy on a hunt and that was my focus. I barely got back from the hunt 2 days ago and was getting caught up on my past readings and came accoss the 21 page thread and what i knew was not mentioned so i shared...take it for whatever you want..And this isnt directed at you marsha ...i am just rambing...I have read a crapload of your posts and I dont see you as one of the nuts on here...you seem well rounded in your thinking..I know that statement is gonna get attacked just that is just what happens here with certain individuals......Sad when this world cannot take people at face value any more...there was a time people were innocent before being found guilty...
But how are people not taking you at face value - you are offering an opinion (unverified fact, whatever)
And that’s why I mentioned Coach Pete (and could have included The Janitor)
No one is calling you a liar (and certainly no one has pronounced guilt), but also no one is buying just on sayso - and we shouldn’t, right?

But how are people not taking you at face value - you are offering an opinion (unverified fact, whatever)
And that’s why I mentioned Coach Pete (and could have included The Janitor)
No one is calling you a liar (and certainly no one has pronounced guilt), but also no one is buying just on sayso - and we shouldn’t, right?
i choose to give people the benefit of the doubt before judging everything even though it is beyond easy to assume the worse...i choose to be that way...tired of all the negativity in life...not a board thing...i actually very much enjoy the topics we all discuss and it is quite enlightening...I think when it comes to info one has to look at the content and judge what does the poster have to gain by said info...what do i gain...ZERO...i just added what I know as a fact to help all of us judge the situation by what we have been told....If i was into accolades i could have popped on here when i first told about the shooting and told you all before it it the news feeds...you all would have blown me up and within 30 min you all would have seen the feeds coming out. When i found out I was more concerned for the armorer and the fallout which could effect their future earning potential in an industry which is driven by favoritism...To be honest i am surprised the media has not mentioned the fact there were more than one armorer on set...But once all the police reports are made available and the lawsuits are filed all of this will be way old news.

so, post what you say is fact without revealing how, and you don't understand why people don't take it as fact? unless you reveal how you know, it's simply hearsay. so you can't really take offense to people questioning.you. Do you always take peoples hearsay as fact, just on their word?

i choose to give people the benefit of the doubt before judging everything even though it is beyond easy to assume the worse...i choose to be that way...tired of all the negativity in life...not a board thing...i actually very much enjoy the topics we all discuss and it is quite enlightening...I think when it comes to info one has to look at the content and judge what does the poster have to gain by said info...what do i gain...ZERO...i just added what I know as a fact to help all of us judge the situation by what we have been told....If i was into accolades i could have popped on here when i first told about the shooting and told you all before it it the news feeds...you all would have blown me up and within 30 min you all would have seen the feeds coming out. When i found out I was more concerned for the armorer and the fallout which could effect their future earning potential in an industry which is driven by favoritism...To be honest i am surprised the media has not mentioned the fact there were more than one armorer on set...But once all the police reports are made available and the lawsuits are filed all of this will be way old news.
What I am saying is no one is judging you

so, post what you say is fact without revealing how, and you don't understand why people don't take it as fact? unless you reveal how you know, it's simply hearsay. so you can't really take offense to people questioning.you. Do you always take peoples hearsay as fact, just on their word?
if i lived in a hearsay world then that is the case...this site is not a court of law and it is not my job to prove a source to make everyone warm and fuzzy...I posted one single fact because I know one single fact...If i was into hearsay I would have a complete story with all kinds of crap in it...i stated one single fact...anyways i have spent enough time doing this...time to watch tv...

The way I read his post, yes he does.

i choose to give people the benefit of the doubt before judging everything even though it is beyond easy to assume the worse...

Of course, he refuses to say how he knows that there was a second armorer on the set. My guess is that he read an uncorroborated report that there was a second armorer or maybe misread an accurate report, and ran with it and now doesn't want to admit that he's wrong, so resorting to hearsay instead.

Unless he was actually there, there's nothing here worth paying attention to. So, against my better judgment, I commented on a post that was bait.

if i lived in a hearsay world then that is the case...this site is not a court of law and it is not my job to prove a source to make everyone warm and fuzzy...I posted one single fact because I know one single fact...If i was into hearsay I would have a complete story with all kinds of crap in it...i stated one single fact...anyways i have spent enough time doing this...time to watch tv...
I don’t understand why you’re getting so defensive- no one is attacking you
You say you have a fact that you can’t or won’t verify
Until it is verified, no one else should nor can accept what you say as fact

If you told me you had $100 to give me
It may be a fact that you have $100; but until it’s in my hands, your original statement is not a fact

A slightly more nuanced, recent example (that highlights the other/maybe you side of the coin)
The person who broke the Gruden firing story on here had maybe 2 previous posts (not threads started, 2 posts total)
Then he drops this bombshell (with no backing evidence)
I thought it was BS
Turned out he was exactly right (and I said as much)
Now he was right, I was wrong
BUT
I was right to be skeptical until his post was verified
That’s how it works

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom