Alec Baldwin Accidentally Kills Cinematographer on Set of New Movie (1 Viewer)

you may very well be correct.
and maybe you won't answer this, but I'll ask anyway.
this info that you say is fact. do you know this info first hand, as in you were involved in this production or were on set in some manner, or did you get this info from someone else who was involved in production or on set in some manner? first hand account vs second hand account from someone you completely trust..

if i lived in a hearsay world then that is the case...this site is not a court of law and it is not my job to prove a source to make everyone warm and fuzzy...I posted one single fact because I know one single fact...If i was into hearsay I would have a complete story with all kinds of crap in it...i stated one single fact...anyways i have spent enough time doing this...time to watch tv...
Since you don't say how you know that one "fact"...I'm gonna say it's a "fact" that you got it from the tooth fairy. Enjoy watching TV. :9:

i choose to give people the benefit of the doubt before judging everything even though it is beyond easy to assume the worse...i choose to be that way...tired of all the negativity in life...not a board thing...i actually very much enjoy the topics we all discuss and it is quite enlightening...I think when it comes to info one has to look at the content and judge what does the poster have to gain by said info...what do i gain...ZERO...i just added what I know as a fact to help all of us judge the situation by what we have been told....If i was into accolades i could have popped on here when i first told about the shooting and told you all before it it the news feeds...you all would have blown me up and within 30 min you all would have seen the feeds coming out. When i found out I was more concerned for the armorer and the fallout which could effect their future earning potential in an industry which is driven by favoritism...To be honest i am surprised the media has not mentioned the fact there were more than one armorer on set...But once all the police reports are made available and the lawsuits are filed all of this will be way old news.
I'm totes satisfied you're coming from a genuine place.

So back to the topic, I don't think we're ever gonna know the real, real truth.

I can look for more specifics later ... but in the statement where Gutierrez-Reed said she had two jobs on set, one of those jobs was “assistant prop master.” That implies the presence of a capital-P Prop Master.

I wonder if that Prop Master is who hotairgypsy has been told about? Wouldn’t surprise me if that Prop Master actually acted as THE armorer and had Gutierrez-Reed on hand as a lieutenant when he needed to be engaged with other prop duties, couldn’t be two places at once, etc. Could have been a case where distributed responsibility led to confusion about who should’ve done what.

The Prop Master’s name is Sarah Zachry.

Looking at what’s known publicly so far ... it’s interesting to me that AD David Halls — and not Gutierrez-Reed or Zachry — was the one to get the gun off the cart and call “cold gun” on the set. Again, makes me think of distributed responsibility issues — no apparent chain-of-command.

there is a difference between a prop master and an armorer...From what i understand the prop master over sees all the props that an actor handles like example cups, keys, fake knifes, cell phones, fake bottles, etc excluding firearms....armorer is exclusively firearms...yes you will read from time to time props handling firearms but it is usually when they do not want to pay an armorer to be on set and from time to time they will but heads with armorer

Zachry could be the purported “other armorer”, as she had and used keys to the set’s gun safe.

from the artical in your link

"At one point on the day of the shooting, per armorer Hannah Gutierrez's statement shared in an affidavit, Zachry removed the gun from a safe in a prop truck and brought it to Gutierrez. Assistant director Dave Halls later handed Baldwin the gun, stating there was no ammunition inside it."

this is a big no no...The armorer i am referencing is the only one who handles their firearms and will hand directly to the actor and train them in handling it prior to them shooting the scene as needed..they never hand the firearm to props...only directly to the actor

there is a difference between a prop master and an armorer
Understood. I get the impression that the set of “Rust” was an environment where best practices and protocols were generally compromised in both small and large ways — and where title and task didn’t necessarily match.

There are people in the IMDB credits for “Rust” as “wrangler” and “livestock coordinator”. Both are named and one is pictured. The one pictured looks like he stepped out of the 1880s and would surely know his way around period firearms. Checking these guys to see if they have “armorer” credits on other productions.

that's good to hear. just out of curiosity, has he mentioned if Baldwin was hands on in this production, in charge, like basically running everything or just a silent producer?

also

i talked with my other half overnight and she was ok with me expanding a bit...The other armorer is my father-in-law so now you know how i know...All the names you mentioned above are not him just to clarify....
Thank you for the context.

Does anyone remember The Rocketeer? Jennifer Connelly 🤤. There was a seen with the antagonist Neville Sinclair stabbing a fellow actor “accidentally”, and the actor responds by saying "Did you think I was stealing the scene?" I don’t think that Baldwin did it purposely. But the set is where you can legally get away with murder. It’s just so hard to determine who’s wrong in these situations enough to get litigation.

.The other armorer is my father-in-law so now you know how i know..
Either he’s credited as something else in the “Rust” production or else he was working off the books. We know the production was using non-union staff in some capacity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom