Alec Baldwin Accidentally Kills Cinematographer on Set of New Movie (1 Viewer)

That would be my thinking. I've been around weapons my entire life, I never trusted anyone that said they were unloaded. Maybe I was overly paranoid, but I'm still alive.
This is one area I would say that being overly paranoid isn't even a thing. Clearly.

I had a conversation with my brother-in-law (who is in the industry) last night about this situation. This is all hearsay and most of this is my opinion. I just wanted to share with you some of his input.

During the discussion he said that the film was on a tight budget and the Producers sent all of the Union people home the day before the accident and rehired all non-union labor. The next day the incident occurred and the first statement that the Union came out with is "The Armorer was not a part of our Union". That doesn't sound fishy at all to me.

The Armorer was the daughter of an experienced Armorer and she has been training for a while BUT an Armorer is only supposed to be tasked with their Armory duties. The film being on a tight budget had her serving multiple roles and she acknowledged that since she could not focus 100% on the armory that multiple people on the set had access to the firearms under lock and key.

The Asst Director that handed Baldwin the gun has a documented history of handing weapons to actors that have not been thoroughly checked/approved.

i cannot speak one way or the other with what ya just said but I know my FIL is union and was on set when the incident occurred...another fun fact we were told is during production this armorer that is the center of all this chaos shot herself in the foot...was with a blank but had that incident..just heard this today

i cannot speak one way or the other with what ya just said but I know my FIL is union and was on set when the incident occurred...another fun fact we were told is during production this armorer that is the center of all this chaos shot herself in the foot...was with a blank but had that incident..just heard this today
Very, very weird that your FIL's name has not come out. Can't tell if he's in the credits or not but if he is, it's not as an armorer. Why would that be?

If you're FIL was on set and was an armorer ... how's his name been kept secret? Very weird. Why would one of two armorers -- and only one -- have her name dragged in the mud? Your FIL was on set and Gutierrez-Reed was not -- no one has asked why your FIL didn't clear the gun for Baldwin?

Very, very weird that your FIL's name has not come out. Can't tell if he's in the credits or not but if he is, it's not as an armorer. Why would that be?

If you're FIL was on set and was an armorer ... how's his name been kept secret? Very weird. Why would one of two armorers -- and only one -- have her name dragged in the mud? Your FIL was on set and Gutierrez-Reed was not -- no one has asked why your FIL didn't clear the gun for Baldwin?
This is just my speculation to answer your questions a bit...Gutierrez-reed is getting dragged thru the mud cuz she is responsible for the firearm that was involved. She owned it. Each armorer owns their guns they bring to the set...I am assuming my Fil was in a different part of the set...would not make sense to have 2 armorers for one area...that to me would be chaotic...Remember i said earlier he hands the prop directly to the actor and trains as necessary..There is no one who has access to the props other than him and my other half if she is on set with him which has happened in the past...not in this case cuz we were on a hunt when this happened. He runs an extremely tight ship hence why he has not had a single incident in all the time he has been an armorer. It is normal for one armorer to provide all the props for the set so it would not make any sense to have 2 armorers at the same set since each is capable of providing all that is needed. Its not like this production was like black hawk down where you may need a zillion props...so i am assuming there was filming taking place at 2 dif locations hence why 2 armorers where there...and before you all ask why have you not asked him this is not anything important to our lives...my other half and I are busy with our stuff and working on work and the large projects at home and for some reason the 8 year old rugrat and 14 year old rugrat like to eat...i know his info will be in the police reports cuz they closed down the set when it happened and everyone was interviewed. As for why he is not in the credits my other half and I are just as confused....i could mention several productions where his name will show up...no idea why not in this case..I am not TMZ and need the scoop...just passing along what nugget i may know to you all in passing...

Last edited:
If this article is correct, then things look worse for Baldwin

I seem to recall many a movie where one actor holds a gun directly to the head of another actor. Is all that just visual effect?

This never pointing a gun at anyone on a movie set seems like bunk.

And the actor checking the gun himself every time also seems ridiculous. They’re not out with a bunch of drunk hunting buddies.

The armorer probably deals with a lot of live ammo in her life. Seeing as though she is supposedly an expert in guns it’s likely she shoots real bullets a lot. Not on a movie set of course, but one could imagine how someone with little experience, evidently with little time to prepare, as she was thrown in quickly after the Union walkout, could make a horrible mistake.

I seem to recall many a movie where one actor holds a gun directly to the head of another actor. Is all that just visual effect?

And the actor checking the gun himself every time also seems ridiculous. They’re not out with a bunch of drunk hunting buddies.

The armorer probably deals with a lot of live ammo in her life. Seeing as though she is supposedly an expert in guns it’s likely she shoots real bullets a lot. Not on a movie set of course, but one could imagine how someone with little experience, evidently with little time to prepare, as she was thrown in quickly after the Union walkout, could make a horrible mistake.
Or, the mistake may not have been hers, but rather, the safeguards may not have been followed because apparently several people had access to the safe where the prop-guns were being stored. Makes no sense to have multiple people with access because it's difficult to maintain a clear chain of custody when you don't know who last accessed the safe.

The article says he was executive producer responsible for set safety. has that been confirmed or is that speculation on their part? I know we discussed the many levels of the producer title in movies on tgis thread.

The article says he was executive producer responsible for set safety. has that been confirmed or is that speculation on their part?

That article is a politically-motivated hit piece. The NY Post cannot credibly report on this matter.

Alec Baldwin ‘Intentionally’ Fired the Shot that Killed Halyna Hutchins and ‘Chose to Play Russian Roulette with a Loaded Gun’ in Violation of the Script, New Lawsuit Claims​

Alec Baldwin ‘Intentionally’ Fired the Shot that Killed Halyna Hutchins and ‘Chose to Play Russian Roulette with a Loaded Gun’ in Violation of the Script, New Lawsuit Claims​

Just so that everyone remembers, allegations in lawsuits are often widely dramatic or even pure fantasy. I’m not saying these allegations aren’t true, I don’t know, I’m just saying be wary of believing them without evidence.

Well, I don't think there's any question that he intentionally fired the shot. He didn't trip and accidentally fall on the trigger.
He most likely either didn't think it was loaded or thought it was loaded with blanks. He intentionally pulled the trigger, but he didn't intend for it to be shooting a live round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom