Alec Baldwin Accidentally Kills Cinematographer on Set of New Movie (1 Viewer)

He most likely either didn't think it was loaded or thought it was loaded with blanks. He intentionally pulled the trigger, but he didn't intend for it to be shooting a live round.
Would that fall under Negligent Homicide? I"m truly asking, just in case anyone thinks I'm being smart.

They could bring the charge but I doubt it would ever have a chance in court. I don’t think they would even try as long as they feel he is cooperating

Just so that everyone remembers, allegations in lawsuits are often widely dramatic or even pure fantasy. I’m not saying these allegations aren’t true, I don’t know, I’m just saying be wary of believing them without evidence.
Also, I believe this is the suit filed by Gloria Allred?

saying he intentionally fired the shot would mean he would have to had know there was a live round. he intentionally pulled the trigger, but didn't intentionally fire the shot.
Not how it works. Try that excuse with sex with a minor (don’t really). You can reasonably believe she’s 25, but as long as you intend the act of sex and the reality is she is not of age, you’re cooked.

Not how it works. Try that excuse with sex with a minor (don’t really). You can reasonably believe she’s 25, but as long as you intend the act of sex and the reality is she is not of age, you’re cooked.
That's not remotely the same thing.

This all sort of remind me of an incident involving a good friend of mine and my two boys. The wife and I and our two young boys at the time were visiting him at his apartment. He invites my two boys into a back room to show off his hand gun collection. I walk back there as my friend is going on about gun safety... I asked him "sure that's not loaded". he assured me it wasn't. He's about to hand my oldest son, like maybe 7 years old at the time a 9mm handgun, forget the specifics. I ask again, "you sure they are not loaded?" He again assures me it is not. My son takes the handgun. As he goes to turn ... BANG the gun goes off. Shoots my friend through his hand, through both legs. his jeans start to stain quick with blood.. I holler at the wife, who is in the living room watching the t.v. "CALL 911!!" (to this day, I'm amazed she was able to do so... knowing all of us are back yonder, including her two small boys, hears a gun shot, I holler call 911... my poor son was freaking out.. I remember hollering back at him, it wasn't his fault. Anyways.. yeah my friend had 6 bullet holes in him from one shot. He was home the next day walking about punting footballs in my back yard. I was very unfamiliar with guns back then. I've since become a bit of a collector. So has my oldest son. To this day... someone hands us a gun, don't matter if they swear up and down it's not loaded... first thing we do is check it ourselves and double check it. Where the incident could of really freaked my son out.. instead it just makes extra safe, always thinking gun safety. 20+ years later, my friend's memory of the night falters.. he said something the other day about he didn't know why the kids were back in there in the first place.. I had to remind him, he invited them back there to show off your guns, I asked multiple times if they were unloaded.. LOL

great cautionary tale for the real world, but many here are assured that in the movies, gun safety is the purview of hired help, not the big star

But that has fork all to do with someone shooting a gun they didn't think had a live round in it, so why are we talking about it?

This all sort of remind me of an incident involving a good friend of mine and my two boys. The wife and I and our two young boys at the time were visiting him at his apartment. He invites my two boys into a back room to show off his hand gun collection. I walk back there as my friend is going on about gun safety... I asked him "sure that's not loaded". he assured me it wasn't. He's about to hand my oldest son, like maybe 7 years old at the time a 9mm handgun, forget the specifics. I ask again, "you sure they are not loaded?" He again assures me it is not. My son takes the handgun. As he goes to turn ... BANG the gun goes off. Shoots my friend through his hand, through both legs. his jeans start to stain quick with blood.. I holler at the wife, who is in the living room watching the t.v. "CALL 911!!" (to this day, I'm amazed she was able to do so... knowing all of us are back yonder, including her two small boys, hears a gun shot, I holler call 911... my poor son was freaking out.. I remember hollering back at him, it wasn't his fault. Anyways.. yeah my friend had 6 bullet holes in him from one shot. He was home the next day walking about punting footballs in my back yard. I was very unfamiliar with guns back then. I've since become a bit of a collector. So has my oldest son. To this day... someone hands us a gun, don't matter if they swear up and down it's not loaded... first thing we do is check it ourselves and double check it. Where the incident could of really freaked my son out.. instead it just makes extra safe, always thinking gun safety. 20+ years later, my friend's memory of the night falters.. he said something the other day about he didn't know why the kids were back in there in the first place.. I had to remind him, he invited them back there to show off your guns, I asked multiple times if they were unloaded.. LOL
according.to some here, your son is completely at fault and should be held completely responsible and accountable.

yea. because that is a comparable situation. are you high or drunk?

I am asking this out of complete sincerity (and confusion) - why didn’t this turn you off of guns?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom