Alec Baldwin Accidentally Kills Cinematographer on Set of New Movie (1 Viewer)

What it sounds like happened was that they were trying to figure out the camera angle, so he was pulling the hammer back while the director was looking down the line the camera would have. When they finally figured out the right angle, they told him everything was good and he released the hammer. It wasn’t fully cocked, so it slammed into the round and fired it.

What it sounds like happened was that they were trying to figure out the camera angle, so he was pulling the hammer back while the director was looking down the line the camera would have. When they finally figured out the right angle, they told him everything was good and he released the hammer. It wasn’t fully cocked, so it slammed into the round and fired it.
Most plausible “I didn’t pull the trigger” hypothesis I’ve read.

So basically it's being argued whether guns kill people or people kill people? Took a few weeks and an odd route but isn't that the final destination of every gun debate?

So basically it's being argued whether guns kill people or people kill people? Took a few weeks and an odd route but isn't that the final destination of every gun debate?
The EE board can’t be completely non-political. Try as they might, it’s impossible.

That should be easy enough to test. I'm sure they have the weapon and can cork it then see if they can get it to fire with vigorous movement.

My first revolver was a Redhawk and it had been gunsmith worked so well that double action was barely noticeable from single action trigger pull. It wasn't super light, but I believe it's possible to work the weapon so that extremely light pressure can cause it to fire.

There is a half cork position that is supposed to prevent the hammer from closing without a trigger pull. Maybe that malfunctioned?

yes, single-action revolvers have a half-cork hammer position, which blocks the trigger mechanism but releases the cylinder so it can be rotated for un/loading

the hammer must be fully cocked to lock the cylinder in alignment with the barrel; in this condition and only this condition, the gun is ready to fire with a trigger pull

to "not shoot", the trigger must be pulled while the hammer is slowly lowered into half or uncocked position

my guess is his thumb slipped off the hammer and the gun discharged

unless the gun was defective or modified, that trigger was pulled

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom