Alec Baldwin Accidentally Kills Cinematographer on Set of New Movie (1 Viewer)

Crazy. How many times has that happened now? Brandon Lee. That guy from the 80s. I’m sure there’s others.

Hello, OSHA?

Yes, Lee is the one people are bringing up, but one of my favorite shows as a kid was called Voyagers, on NBC Sundays at 6pm Central… the lead actor on that show, Jon Erik Hexum, accidentally killed himself similarly, with a prop gun.. I remember the local news doing a feature on it in NOLA b/c he was first cousins with Ch 4 news anchor Eric Paulson.

Yes, Lee is the one people are bringing up, but one of my favorite shows as a kid was called Voyagers, on NBC Sundays at 6pm Central… the lead actor on that show, Jon Erik Hexum, accidentally killed himself similarly, with a prop gun.. I remember the local news doing a feature on it in NOLA b/c he was first cousins with Ch 4 news anchor Eric Paulson.

Yeah that’s what I meant “That guy from the 80’s” but I didn’t know his name - tragic.

Crazy. How many times has that happened now? Brandon Lee. That guy from the 80s. I’m sure there’s others.

Hello, OSHA?
During our LE\Security Augment training we underwent action using blanks in the M16's. The first thing which was taught is that a blank is still lethal. We installed clamps on the end of the barrel which held a plug in the barrel to supply enough back pressure to operate full auto as well as prevent any accidental injury forward of the barrel.

I'd think this is poor training and technique by someone.

Wasnt Jennifer Jason Leigh's father, killed while shooting a made-for-TV movie IIRC, on NBC, where the actor shot a scene very close to a in-movie stunt involving an actual live helicopter got wayyy....to close to him and a child actress he was carrying or holding her hand in the scene in the film and I think the helicopter's rotorblade had some mechanical issues or took some risky, unnecessary liberties, landed awkwardly or crashed close to Leigh's father, with the rotorblade essentially decapitating him almost.

It was made about 40 years ago if I remember, in the early 1980's, was mostly produced and directed by John Landis, but under Spielberg's production company, and the ensuing controversy severely damaged Landis' reputation and marked kind of the end of his professional and personal relationship between him and Spielberg and IIRC, Harold Ramis. There was a heated, public wrongful death civil trial that didnt exactly endear Landis' to the Hollywood "in crowd" he had made considerable inroads by the early 80's.

Thought for sure that was a joke title thread.

I wonder if it was a squib bullet like what happened to Brandon Lee. They changed the safety protocols after that one, but looks like someone screwed up.

Wasnt Jennifer Jason Leigh's father, killed while shooting a made-for-TV movie IIRC, on NBC, where the actor shot a scene very close to a in-movie stunt involving an actual live helicopter got wayyy....to close to him and a child actress he was carrying or holding her hand in the scene in the film and I think the helicopter's rotorblade had some mechanical issues or took some risky, unnecessary liberties, landed awkwardly or crashed close to Leigh's father, with the rotorblade essentially decapitating him almost.

It was made about 40 years ago if I remember, in the early 1980's, was mostly produced and directed by John Landis, but under Spielberg's production company, and the ensuing controversy severely damaged Landis' reputation and marked kind of the end of his professional and personal relationship between him and Spielberg and IIRC, Harold Ramis. There was a heated, public wrongful death civil trial that didnt exactly endear Landis' to the Hollywood "in crowd" he had made considerable inroads by the early 80's.

Vic Morrow while filming The Twilight Zone Movie in 1983

1. Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)​

Twilight Zone: The Movie was a production effort from Steven Spielberg, using multiple directors to film three short films to play as a feature. It was a wonderful idea, and the production was plugging right along until director, John Landis, pressed ahead with aerial stunts in high winds. The scene was to represent a racist man, played by actor Vic Morrow, waking in the Twilight Zone, aka, Vietnam War, where he was forced to deal with his personal shortcomings in an effort to save two innocent children. In a scene that involved plenty of pyro, firefights and a low flying helicopter, high winds and pyrotechnics forced the helicopter into the path of Vic Morrow, and two children, who were running through a small pond. The helicopter crashed, the rotor struck Vic, and one child, killing them instantly. The other child was crushed by the skids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom