Alec Baldwin Accidentally Kills Cinematographer on Set of New Movie (1 Viewer)

It's probably more expensive to do it this way...but why not just do CGI for all gun scenes from here on out?!?
The technology is there.

I understand that for low budget films, that may not be possible.

Seems like it would be by this point.

I have a little bit of a unique perspective on this; as some here know , i made a living in the film /tv industry when i was younger, mostly doing bit parts, stunt work and production work.. I worked on all the ‘procedural’ tv shows in the early 2000s, which were kind of a new thing then- the original CSI, the original NCIS, Cold Case, etc etc.. i am tall by Hollywood standards, so i was generally cast as policemen, lawyers, FBI Agents or SWAT team members.. i say all this to say that the prop masters on these shows, at that time (and presumably still) were absolute Nazis about gun safety.. i dont use that word pejoratively, i just mean they were obsessed with making sure we handled the guns properly, and I’ll never forget, especially on Cold case, which i worked a few times, the prop lady would have us sort of memorize these bullet points about the guns when she would issue them to us in the morning prior to shooting scenes.. among them was ”I will not forget to turn in my gun before going to lunch“, lest you show up at the studio commissary fully strapped lol…. for some reason that’s the only one i remember, but the point is that they take this stuff very, very seriously (back then , the Brandon Lee incident was still fairly fresh, only a few years earlier).. so I honestly am not sure how this happened, but id bet anything it was just a careless accident, so i doubt if anyone will be held criminally liable.. civilly, absolutely there will be lawsuits.

ETA i just realized the irony in ‘bullet points about guns’, im a little slow

Last edited:
Injuring one person by accident I can understand, but two people were injured in this incident. Were the two people impacted by a single shot?

yes- still not sure what happened, but blanks are usually filled with some "wadding" ( where the actual projectile would be) and it could be that the "wadding" was ejected.

Remember, EVERYTHING about a blank is the SAME as a live round, just no projectile ( bullet) at the end. So if there was some sort of debris in the barrel, wadding of wax, debris in round etc...thats coming out the end of that barrel.

I gotta imagine Baldwin feels terrible about what happened and I'd be very surprised if there was intentional negligence involved. Most likely an unfortunate accident.

Last edited:
Here's what I don't get. If this was a fake gun accident, why wasn't it two actors who were hurt? Why was he aiming a fake gun at a cinematographer?
That was my question, but I guess it could be a shot where he's shooting at the camera or it was a close up on the gun or something. Still seems strange.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom