Alec Ogletree Charged with DUI. [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

He won't fall at all. This will not impact his draft status.

He won't fall at all. This will not impact his draft status.

I disagree with his previous suspension at GA for failing a drug test and now the DUI he will fall. How far will depend on how he interviews at the combine. If he admits he was wrong and is truly remorse full he will probably drop to the 3rd at worst. If he makes a bunch of excuses or tries to place the blame somewhere else then the bottom could fall out.

To me, the question becomes whether this drinking related incident is an anomaly or a pattern. And at that age, who knows? It may drop him down a few spots depending on which teams are doing the picking.

But any way you slice it, it wasn't good judgement on his part.

I think it will put an asterisk on his CV, but really do you think he will be dropping far? I don't. Do you take Manti' Teo or Kevin Minter over him?

Middle linbackers traditionally fall from the expected middle first round to the early second.

Me, I will give him a hard interview on the combine, and look hard at his personality, but if it was the guy I was sold on before the DUI, I would take him.

I really don't think this will affect his draft status that much. It he fails, it will be by a combination of factors, not only this one.

Problem G is, this is not a first-time offense. As crosswatt has pointed out, this has been am ongoing pattern now. It is no different than Mathieu's marijuana problems. He can still go in the first, but if you are the team investing millions in him, you better be sure that you are ready to deal with the potential of it happening again.

Problem G is, this is not a first-time offense. As crosswatt has pointed out, this has been am ongoing pattern now. It is no different than Mathieu's marijuana problems. He can still go in the first, but if you are the team investing millions in him, you better be sure that you are ready to deal with the potential of it happening again.

I do think it will depend on the research and interview teams will do about him.

I like the kid as a player and I hope he falls to the 3rd where we could grab him, and I would not mind Mathieu with our 4th or 5th.

We are supposed to be the new raiders, now let's make it official! :)

Judging from a lot of the twitter responses this could knock him to the 2nd and off a few teams boards. He already had flags on him. Still a talented prospect though. Cost himself a few million though. Idiot.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Lol, someone on twitter said this elevated his draft stock in Lions draft room

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see him falling much if at all. He's arguably the best ilb in the draft and no pacman. But we'll see

All It'll do is remove him from some teams big boards as a potential first round target.

For instance You could maybe see the Giants pass on him now as a result. But a complete free fall out of the 1st round? Nah he'd never get by both the Steelers and Ravens anyway as they have shown in the past when other teams where all too happy to pass on a player they snag him and he becomes all pro!

Young ids make dumb mistakes. Luckily this one did not cost anyone their life....
However, could this make him drop out of the 1st round? If so, is he worth trying to move into the second for him?

Not just for us, but for anyone?

Well Saints want be getting second draft pick this year. Just Saying!!!

I really, really wish we had 2 first, 2 seconds and 2 third round picks.

We'd have an entirely remodeled defense and a new face or two on offense

He is just not a ILB. Too small and can't shed blocks. I thought he was a bad pick before he was ever picked up for DWI. I would rather a guy like Collins, C. Thomas, or B. Williams in the third.

I disagree with his previous suspension at GA for failing a drug test and now the DUI he will fall. How far will depend on how he interviews at the combine. If he admits he was wrong and is truly remorse full he will probably drop to the 3rd at worst. If he makes a bunch of excuses or tries to place the blame somewhere else then the bottom could fall out.

if he falls out of the first it will be on his tape, not this - and either way he will be nowhere near the 3rd unless he tells a GM off for even asking him.

if he falls out of the first it will be on his tape, not this - and either way he will be nowhere near the 3rd unless he tells a GM off for even asking him.

His tape would put him in the top ten. His stealing a bicycle helmet his freshman year for no apparent reason, followed by a drug related suspension to start his junior season, and now adding a dui during what amounts to his job interview paint a startling picture of his decision making skills. Following in the unfortunate footsteps of Odell Thurman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom