Alec Ogletree on Saints at combine (1 Viewer)

Tells me just the opposite.

To me, Vitt wouldn't grill him if he didn't have eyes on him. There would be no reason to waste the energy. He might have just been pressing him to see how he'd react when someone is in his face about his decisions in life and where he is.

If he answered the questions the right way, he might have a chance of being drafted as a Saint.

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe just trying to see if he could get a rise out of him. Vitt's like a bulldog. :hihi:

Ogletree: "I've learned my lesson, I swear"

1352336911-11-8_vitt.jpg

Tells me just the opposite.

To me, Vitt wouldn't grill him if he didn't have eyes on him. There would be no reason to waste the energy. He might have just been pressing him to see how he'd react when someone is in his face about his decisions in life and where he is.

If he answered the questions the right way, he might have a chance of being drafted as a Saint.

I agree with this. I think they clearly wanted to test him and by a guy who would be his position coach no less. We have seen that it takes a lot of convincing for our team to take a chance on attitude problems though. Sometimes it is worth it but other teams just never learn.

Cam Newton stole a laptop (theft), cheated on numerous test (integrity), and was a football prostitute for his father. He never let those things stop him from producing in the NFL, lol.

or from being a monster crybaby.

You dont draft a player in the first round for one year. Lets see how long Burfict stays out of trouble.

Well yeah I can understand that, but to to go from talks of being a first rounder to a UDFA because of " attitude" problems is overkill if you ask me

Well yeah I can understand that, but to to go from talks of being a first rounder to a UDFA because of " attitude" problems is overkill if you ask me

Burfict also performed poorly in the combine workouts and position drills. Ogletree falls a round at best.

What if we drafted this guy at 15? Would you be upset?

Could we trade down and still get him?

Or maybe a natural reaction by a guy hearing about another guy getting his 3rd(?) DUI? I still wouldn't mind him on the team if he seeks help and puts the drinking and driving behind him. Personally, on multiple offenses you should be guaranteed jail time, but the dude will get off. On the field he is all I want in a LB though. I'd take him ahead of Jones if not for the DUIs. I think he could play inside or out well.[/QUOTE]

At a time when we need one, and will probably draft one with our first pick, this is a crazy draft for LBs. Either they have injury concerns, or are a lil raw, or in the case of Ogletree, have some off the field concerns.
Some, including teammate Bacarri Rambo, think Tree was THE best player on the UGA defense....and yes, better than Jarvis Jones.

We NEED a passrusher. And Ogletree is not a passrusher. But we need help on D, period. So IF we trade outta 15 and drop down, whos the BPA on D available?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom