Alec Ogletree (1 Viewer)

whodat4life84

Very Banned
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

What do you think about this guy? I wasn't REALLY that familiar with him until I watched some tape and highlights on him for a bit. I think he's going to make an excellent NFL LB. If we're able to find someone willing to trade back with us, I bet he would be there for us (pick 25-32). We could probably grab a second rounder and still get him.

Alec Ogletree Official UGA Highlight Tape - YouTube

If we trade down, Ogletree wold be a great pick. Doubt we find a trading partner, though.

If we trade down, Ogletree wold be a great pick. Doubt we find a trading partner, though.

Yeah, it would be nice. Some of the teams with multiple 2nd round picks may be willing to at least consider it though. We have so many holes to fill, I just think we need to make a reasonable trade to get more picks.

Hey Everyone,

What do you think about this guy? I wasn't REALLY that familiar with him until I watched some tape and highlights on him for a bit. I think he's going to make an excellent NFL LB. If we're able to find someone willing to trade back with us, I bet he would be there for us (pick 25-32). We could probably grab a second rounder and still get him.

Alec Ogletree Official UGA Highlight Tape - YouTube

Do we really need an inside linebacker?

So we have ILBs: Hawthorne and Lofton and possibly Vilma which is still pending 'mind you'. Yet, you are saying we daft another ILB, with our first pick?

Perhaps, but I would take that bet.

So we have ILBs: Hawthorne and Lofton and possibly Vilma which is still pending 'mind you'. Yet, you are saying we daft another ILB, with our first pick?

Perhaps, but I would take that bet.

We also have Chamberlin who will be moved inside.

I like his intensity, but around the 7:00 mark, he throws the player with the ball to the ground. Apparently, the NFL believes the offensive players aren't able to withstand such a solid job of tackling, and he would be penalized and fined. He'll need to adjust to the "protect the players" rules of the NFL, especially with Roger looking out for anything that resembles aggression in the Saints players.

"Saints need to concentrate on upgrading every defensive position" as per Mike D.

Could not agree more. Every position on defense could use a upgrade! Still don't understand people against upgrades at any position on defense.

This is news to me, everyone has him listed as OLB. Do you think people are assuming he'll move from ILB (in college) to OLB (in NFL)?

*Alec Ogletree*|*Georgia,*OLB*:*2013 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Alec Ogletree, OLB, Georgia, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

ESPN has him listed as "LB" in McShay's new mock. On film, he's playing ILB.

Not news to me. I remember when the last great LB class from USC, there were several questions on where it will be the best position for Clay Mathews to play. People thought he was smallish to move inside so a WILL in the 4-2 was the ideal play. He played a lot the elephant position with USC and that is why the Packers trust him to be his pass rusher.

Ogletree reminds me a lot of Clay Mathews. I think he can do everything.

He may not be recognized as a pass rusher but certainly he can cover and he can be an option protecting the outside from the off-tackle runs and the mobile quarterbacks that have done so much damage againts us.

I would be suprised if we take him, and if he is selected to play outside, specially considering what may be available at the time we pick.

Phenomenal athlete with some pretty good football instincts, but extremely questionable intelligence and character. It's up to the FO to decide if he's worth the risk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom