ALERT: Loomis on Sirius NFL Radio in 10AM hour {merged} (1 Viewer)

Very nice recaps!

Good to hear about MM - but I'm cautious, hoping he doesn't come back too early. Clearly he has heart and motivation, just hope he doesn't re-aggravate anything before he's ready to step onto the field. If he is indeed that far along, that's an amazingly fast recuperation time! (AFAIK)

That's great news about MM.

I'm not overly familiar with ACL injuries in this sport, especially not for CB's.
How does it usually effect players abilities before/after the injury, although I suppose it's dependant on the player himself and not just the injury.
Is it likely to hinder MM from continuing to play at the level he was last year?

Random thoughts on Loomis' statements:

The talk-up of Simoneau may mean they expect him to be able to take the starting job from Shanle at WLB. I could see that. It may also be a smokescreen that they are now "happy" with the guys they have, screening their interest in the linebackers in the draft.

Ditto with the talk on MM's recovery. May again be a smokescreen to appear to minimize their interest at CB in the draft. Then again, it might just be true and excellent news for us (others have already noted Deuce's return time from the same injury). Still, coupled with the talk of how happy they are with Gay and how they feel David improved greatly and was only at sea trying to learn the new system, I can't help but feel he is definitely smokescreening about CB in the draft. And I don't think he's fooling anyone.

I suppose the same could be said for the news on Deuce, but I find that a little more far-fetched. I really think the rumors about interest in Mendenhall are the smokescreen. Besides, we'll know the plan on Deuce in about a week or so (I don't believe the Saints are willing to take the cap hit to release him anyway). Personally, I expect to see him in black & gold knocking people over on the way to the end zone come September.

Interesting that not a word was said a t all about DT. Absolute quiet on the subject leads me to believe it is their #1 priority and they'd rather no one knows that until the draft actually has begun.

Nice to hear he believes both Meachem and Bush will be "men on a mission" this season. not sure if that's completely a reaction from him about what he's seen them doing or if it's at least a partial message to both about how the organization expects them to be conducting themselves. Still, the fact that Meachem is working out with Patten is very good sign. Being able to influence the younger receivers was one of the reasons we brought him in the first place, so nice to hear he's paying off in that regard as well as on the field.

Naturally, nothing negative, but one expects a GM to put the best face on things, so I suppose we have to take all the good news with a little salt and see how things really play out. Still, I doubt he'd be giving wildly false information on how the injured players are progressing, so I expect MM and Deuce really are coming along well. That alone makes the day brighter...

Loomis on Sirus this morning!

Here is the few things I caught

- Loomis spoke with Mike McKenzie's therapist yesterday and Mike is way ahead of schedule and is expected to be full speed at training camp.

- Deuce McAllister has the same therapist as Mike McKenzie. he is way ahead and is expected in mini camp.

- Meachem feels he let everyone down. the last 4 or 5 weeks of practice last year he looked REAL good. he has been hanging out with David Patten and David said he's the real deal.

- reggie is determined to improve himself as a running back. loomis expects him to have a very good year. he doesn't expect it in the way a boss expects you to do a good job (although i'm sure he does) but more along the lines that he feels and thinks Reggie Bush is going to tear it up.

- when asked about Faine, Loomis was a little bummed but he wishes him well. interesting, though, he brought up John Sullivan but not Goodwin when talking about backups and depth.

-Loomis likes Shockey, but he's not allowed to talk about a player that is under contract with another team. he left it at "no comment". i don't know if i would read anything into that but maybe...

Here is the few things I caught

- Loomis spoke with Mike McKenzie's therapist yesterday and Mike is way ahead of schedule and is expected to be full speed at training camp.

- Deuce McAllister has the same therapist as Mike McKenzie. he is way ahead and is expected in mini camp.

- Meachem feels he let everyone down. the last 4 or 5 weeks of practice last year he looked REAL good. he has been hanging out with David Patten and David said he's the real deal.

thats just the little bit I caught, If anyone heard the whole thing, feel free to put the recap on

We already did.

Thanks flyguy,

I suspect concerning:

"when asked about Faine, Loomis was a little bummed but he wishes him well. interesting, though, he brought up John Sullivan but not Goodwin when talking about backups and depth."

I suspect he doesn't consider Goodwin to be a backup.

ddd

Thanx for this great update, i jumped out of my seat with joy. I really hope that Meacham does tear it up, that would be sweet. I don't think Mike will be ready for training camp. He'll probably end up on the pup list. Great post though, i needed that.

Thanks flyguy,

I suspect concerning:

"when asked about Faine, Loomis was a little bummed but he wishes him well. interesting, though, he brought up John Sullivan but not Goodwin when talking about backups and depth."

I suspect he doesn't consider Goodwin to be a backup.

ddd

I'll have to find it, but I thought I saw a post about Goody being the starting C possibly.

[EDIT]Posted by Furor on pg 1.

"Faine - the economics were too big for Saints. Very confident in J. Goodwin to step in and start."

One thing about our FO... they won't "call a spade a spade"... they'll back their players 100%... very rarely would these guys bad-mouth a player publicly. If Sim was so good we wouldn't be looking for another MLB...

Great point. If he was our best LBer last year, how come he's the only guy we replaced as a starter?

Thanks for the recaps. The news on McKenzie is great! I hope he can play like he did this previous year. He was a lockdown corner. If McKenzie starts at LCB for us, who is going to be the starting RCB? Jason David, Randall Gay, Usama Young, or a rookie???

Simoneau plays well? he is in the right place to make a play, but he can't make it. I have seen him in the right place and unable to tackle the guy. just look at his numbers if watching him isn't working, he has very few tackles

He has few tackles because he's on the field for probably less than 50% of the teams defensive snaps. Simoneau does not play in nickel or dime defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom