Alert! Server migration coming (Edit - Done!) (1 Viewer)

This migration may be (Edit - has been) postponed. I have issues regarding the process and am not getting timely answers from the techs, so I asked them to postpone the migration until we have all of our ducks in a row.

We started with swallows and now ducks?

What's next?............velociraptors? The suspense is killing us!!

Thank you! :9:

We plan to get it done late tonight. I think that we have everything covered now, so it should go rather smoothly.

That plan has been delayed until at least tomorrow night. The issue now is that the registrar, for some odd reason, is not allowing me to to add/edit glue my own DNS records. So until I can get in touch with the Registrars' support to fix that problem we cannot perform the migration, and they are only open from 12 to 5PM on weekends.

That plan has been delayed until at least tomorrow night. The issue now is that the registrar, for some odd reason, is not allowing me to to add/edit glue my own DNS records. So until I can get in touch with the Registrars' support to fix that problem we cannot perform the migration, and they are only open from 12 to 5PM on weekends.

Same problem today. No one answered at Hover (registrar) support, and all I got was voicemail. They are now closed for the day. Until I can get in touch with them and they fix the DNS modification issue, migration is not possible. So whenever we do get it straightened out we will perform the migration. If it doesn't happen by Tuesday night I told the host that I am going to have to postpone the migration until a week after the draft because I don't want any issues interrupting the flow of the draft and post draft discussions. They understand.

Update: We've gotten the registrar issue worked out, and we are going to proceed with the migration at 2am tonight.

A note from the techs handling the migration:

We're ready to go with this at 2AM CDT(our time).

When using the express transfer mode in the Transfer Tool, it will not only update the DNS as it starts the actual move of the accounts, but also suspends the users at the source. This way traffic should be routed to the new server, and anyone that isn't will be given a message that the account is being moved and they'll be navigated to it once their DNS resolver stales the old record(essentially the same as putting it in maintenance mode) to prevent changes to the source accounts after the move.

So there shouldn't be too much downtime, and once you see the site live again you will be on the new servers.

Update: We've gotten the registrar issue worked out, and we are going to proceed with the migration at 2am tonight.

A note from the techs handling the migration:

So there shouldn't be too much downtime, and once you see the site live again you will be on the new servers.

So another issue came up. So I am just going to say that when it happens, it happens.

Hi,

WHM/cPanel doesn't yet support MariaDB 10.4(what's currently running on your db server:

---
(XID ufud7h) The system received an error from the “MySQL” database “mysql”: 1348 (Column 'max_user_connections' is not updatable)
---

While it's true you're not running WHM on that server, the WHM server still needs to interface with it. This migration can't continue until we get this changed out on the db server, but it's running CentOS 8 which only currently provides 10.4.

---(To clarify) he new db server is running CentOS 8. As of right now, CentOS 8 provides MySQL 8.0 and MariaDB 10.4. WHM isn't currently compatible with either of these.

Our senior admins will need to reprovision the server with CentOS 7 before we can get it reconfigured and setup.

they must be ready before the Saints land Burrow.

1587477656536.png

A Roseanne Roseannadanna, an "Airplane!" and a "Princess Bride" response on one thread. That is almost worth the annoyance the delay is creating. :smilielol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom