Alex Anzalone eyes on-field return with New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1597353761820.png
Getty Images

By Jaylon Thompson \ 247 Sports

The New Orleans Saints are expected to get a key member of their defense back this season as linebacker Alex Anzalone returns from shoulder surgery.

Last season, Anzalone injured his shoulder in Week 2 against the Los Angeles Rams. He is a versatile member of the Saints linebacker corps as he has starting experience. In his career, Anzalone has 11 starts in 22 career games.

Saints head coach Sean Payton is excited to get Anzalone back in the lineup. He told local reporters that the talented linebacker has more to showcase heading into his fourth season in the league.

“Well, look, I do think he's a young player that we have high hopes for,” Payton said. “He's had some nicks and injuries, but I think the recent surgery had went very well. He has extremely good football IQ, and he has very good range. So I know he's excited to be feeling as healthy as he has (in) quite a bit and I'm just as excited for him. I do think he can be a real good player for us. And we've seen signs of it already, but I'm as excited about it as he is.”

Full Story - 247 Sports

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom