Alex Trebek has passed (Update: new Jeopardy host stuff)) (4 Viewers)

I have no joke to tell here. Horrible news.

Amazing that he announced this with a straight face and a sense of humor.

I completely understand the sense of humor....sometimes its either you laugh at something horrible or you succumb to it

IMO his drive, determination, and sense of humor are the things that raise his chances of making it through

This sucks. I remember meeting him when I took the jeopardy test in '93 or '94 when I rotated in Dhahran, Saudi. Took a jeep with a friend to Bhahrain where about 500 or so other service peeps took the test in a gym. I think only 1 or 2 people moved on to the next round (I drove back with humiliations galore).

Bad news all around, I always liked his demeanor on the show, and he was very chill in person.

Lost a brother-in-law to pancreatic cancer. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I suppose the twisted silver lining is, depending on which type, it can be seriously swift. Best wishes to Trebek and family and may he beat the odds.

Last edited:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. No.

Well ****.

I heard that he is under contract for 3 more years and that he plans to fight this and complete his contract. I am Praying for him to be able make this happen.

I came across a statement from him a couple of weeks ago when he was asked about who he thinks should replace him on the show. It was classic Trebek.

During an appearance at New York's 92nd Street Y center, Trebek talked about who would be a good fit to take over his hosting gig.

“It’s probably going to be a woman, somebody younger, somebody bright, somebody personable, somebody with a great sense of humor, so I nominated Betty White," he joked.

Last edited:
IMO his drive, determination, and sense of humor are the things that raise his chances of making it through
It's amazing that a lot of 78 year old men are already in pretty bad health and are not anticipating an extended future. But Trebek didn't look like he is finished. Looks like he's planning on sticking around for a while.

I know the man isn’t gone yet, and normally a celebrity death doesn’t mean much to me, but DAMN does this one hurt. Even though I never met the man he’s been part of my home and family for as long as I can remember. I’ve tried so hard to make it on the show - many times - without result, and now more than ever I envy those who were able to make it and meet him. He’s truly an inspiration. Like one poster said he’s probably the person whose visited my living room the most. I’m happy he’s fighting it but damn...... one of, if not THE worst, kinds of cancers to have. When the day comes I feel like this one will bring more than a few tears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom