Alex Trebek Announces he has Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer (Update: Trebek has passed) (4 Viewers)

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So ends Gupta. George Snuffleupagus up next.

where yat brah

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gulf Breeze, FL via NOLA via Donaldsonville/Frankl
That's just it. I don't expect or want the host to be much of an attention getter.
Mayim interjected waaaaaay too much of her own personal experiences and thought into the game for me.
Just be a facilitator to the flow and stay out of the way of the constestants.
jmho

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
That's just it. I don't expect or want the host to be much of an attention getter.
Mayim interjected waaaaaay too much of her own personal experiences and thought into the game for me.
jmho
See, I'm the opposite. I enjoyed Mayim's interjections. It made her more relatable.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
jmho
No, no, I get that. Not all of them are really vying for the gig so while it's easy to think of these as tryouts, I think the strategy was to buffer us between Alex who had really "become" Jeopardy and whoever the eventual permanent replacement will be. And it's working since we are only comparing these people to each other, not to Alex.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
See, I'm the opposite. I enjoyed Mayim's interjections. It made her more relatable.
I agree. I wouldn't like everyone doing this and I know Mayim's been a star for a VERY long time, but she's also still sort of the anti-celebrity in that she's eschewed the more glamorous trappings of stardom. But the real "star" of the show is the game itself.

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I miss Mayim. I just don't like Savana (didn't even care enough to get the spelling of her name right) Guthrie.
Ditto this. I liked Mayim.

Savannah (not sure of this spelling either) was stiff and awkward. Watching her walk onto the stage was like watching chalk walk across a chalkboard. IIANM someone who was on this board at one time dated her many moons ago.

Of the remaining GH's I have high hopes for LB. I am hoping he can just kill it. Then, for fun, he could host as Geordi La Forge one time in an all-Trek killer trivia evening.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No Jeopardy in its time slot tonight. Preempted because of some baseball all star nonsense.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I love it when none of the contestants have gotten the Final Jeopardy right and I got it in 5 seconds.

Category is Book Characters: Trying to emulate the title character, he fails & is told “You lack a set of spinnerets, & you lack know-how”.

Wilbur

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I love it when none of the contestants have gotten the Final Jeopardy right and I got it in 5 seconds.

Category is Book Characters: Trying to emulate the title character, he fails & is told “You lack a set of spinnerets, & you lack know-how”.

Wilbur
What book is it from?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom