Alex Trebek Announces he has Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer (Update: Trebek has passed) (4 Viewers)

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ditto this. I liked Mayim.

Savannah (not sure of this spelling either) was stiff and awkward. Watching her walk onto the stage was like watching chalk walk across a chalkboard. IIANM someone who was on this board at one time dated her many moons ago.

Of the remaining GH's I have high hopes for LB. I am hoping he can just kill it. Then, for fun, he could host as Geordi La Forge one time in an all-Trek killer trivia evening.
I haven't been able to watch any of it.

But I will say, nerves are real, even for established folks. I remember Seth Myers first week of his late show and I thought he may get canceled. He was so nervous and wasn't really sure of the program. Then, a month or two in, he really found his footing.

I think actors may have an easier time. I really hope LB nails it. Would love to see him host long term. I just like him as a person.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think actors may have an easier time. I really hope LB nails it. Would love to see him host long term. I just like him as a person.
The ratings for his week are going to SOAR!! I'm nervous for him. He should do well but, like you said, nerves. I can't wait, though!

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm enjoying College Bowl and the interplay with Peyton and Cooper (who is called Cup and not Coop)

Anyone think the questions are on the easy side for the most part?

I did like the dropout round from the last episode

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm enjoying College Bowl and the interplay with Peyton and Cooper (who is called Cup and not Coop)

I agree. I am being entertained by the Mannings, but I swear I remember College Bowl being harder than this.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree. I am being entertained by the Mannings, but I swear I remember College Bowl being harder than this.

Cooper has a boyishness about him that makes him seem younger than Peyton

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I am in this camp. I remember it being much harder. Heck, Prep Quiz Bowl was much harder.

To a degree, I have noticed that some nights Jeopardy seems blatantly easy and other nights ridiculously hard. There have been some really low-scoring games lately that struck me as much easier.

I have taken the test a couple of times now - maybe someday.

where yat brah

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gulf Breeze, FL via NOLA via Donaldsonville/Frankl
I am really liking Robin as well.

Pet Peeve: the hosts are referring to the clues as "questions."
As in "The final jeopardy clue or the final jeopardy question" is......................

They are "ANSWERS" and the contestants need to come up with the correct "question."

That should be point #1 during rehearsals.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES (AP) — LeVar Burton’s quest to become the new host of “Jeopardy!” has been a confident, upbeat effort by the actor and those who rooted him on with a petition drive.

But when the day came to tape the first of his week’s share of episodes as one of a succession of guest hosts, the show’s pace and the challenge of following in Alex Trebek’s much-admired footsteps threw Burton off stride.

It made for a rough start to the five back-to-back tapings that begin airing Monday, said the veteran actor known for “Roots,” “Star Trek: The Next Generation” and ”Reading Rainbow.” He turned for advice to wife Stephanie Cozart Burton, who as his makeup artist was on hand to play coach during a production break.

“Being at home, it feels like a really relaxed half-hour, but it’s not relaxed at all,” he said. “You can’t let your focus drop for a nanosecond.”……..

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am in this camp. I remember it being much harder. Heck, Prep Quiz Bowl was much harder.

To a degree, I have noticed that some nights Jeopardy seems blatantly easy and other nights ridiculously hard. There have been some really low-scoring games lately that struck me as much easier.

I have taken the test a couple of times now - maybe someday.
This

some days I completely crush it and think ‘I can be on this show’

the next day the topics are “Sweden in the 1800s” , “Songs about turtles” and “Left Handed Bowlers” and I sit stone faced the whole episode

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was a bit underwhelmed with Levar and he kinda made a few "mistakes" (tongue tied on a word, ruling a guy wrong but not saying it was because of time so they reinstated the money for the contestant who buzzed in with the wrong answer). I'm still liking Robin Roberts.

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I was a bit underwhelmed with Levar and he kinda made a few "mistakes" (tongue tied on a word, ruling a guy wrong but not saying it was because of time so they reinstated the money for the contestant who buzzed in with the wrong answer). I'm still liking Robin Roberts.
Levar's wife said that his first day was "rough" and he needed to be more himself. Let's see how he does the rest of the week.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom