Alex Trebek has passed (Update: new Jeopardy host stuff)) (4 Viewers)

Sorry to hear about Alex, this must be a challenging time for his family, and loved ones.

Good news he probably lived a life of pleasure and had an estimated net worth of $75 million. Not to shabby. Breaking it down, he made approximately $43,000 an episode, according to a quick Google search.

Just heard this on NFLN. Rich Geisen did a short piece as a tribute to him that was very good. Cancer sucks in general but Pancreatic is the worst in my opinion.

"A large study demonstrated that the combination of smoking, long-standing diabetes and a poor diet increases the risk of pancreatic cancer beyond the risk of any one of these factors alone".

“Now in order to help patients fight and survive this disease more attention and awareness are needed,” Trebek said.

He also urged people to wear purple for the month of November and to spread the word on social media.

Last edited:
I've grown up with him on my TV in the afternoons. I haven't always watched the show every single day, but knowing that he's gone hurts. This year has been rough for so many reasons. This one doesn't help that fact. He will be missed.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. And I mean it. I literally just gasped out loud at this and my husband thought a family member had died.

I remember watching that one with the NFL category. I was yelling at the TV! You could kind of tell when Alex was thinking, Dumb!, but he never let on.

So sad to hear. He was great at what he did and beloved by all. Insert Final Jeopardy theme song here (see attachment).

Here's a touching moment from the show during Final Jeopardy.

Attachments

• 03 Jeopardy Think Music.mp3
    884.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom