Alex Trebek has passed (Update: new Jeopardy host stuff)) (2 Viewers)

put me down as katie hater; fake friendly as always, not a brain in her head

producer guy b4 katie was also dreadful

ken j had shaken off the nerves and was coming into his own, engaging and encyclopedically witty

hope "the chase" tanks and kj gets the permanent gig

jmo

How was Aaron Rodgers as host?

He was good .... alot quicker answering yes or no to an answer. I couldn't stand doc. OZ pregnant pause. In the final jeopardy one dude didn't know the answer so he asked Rogers "Who decided to kick that field goal. " Rogers started giggling. It was great.

He was good .... alot quicker answering yes or no to an answer. I couldn't stand doc. OZ pregnant pause. In the final jeopardy one dude didn't know the answer so he asked Rogers "Who decided to kick that field goal. " Rogers started giggling. It was great.

I don't think he was that good. Aside from the reaction during Final Jeopardy he was flat and, dare I say it, limp. I understand that Rodgers is smart and can have intelligent conversations outside of football, but he has the personality of wet rope.

Good grief. I hope this is not true. The comments are hilarious though.

Last edited:
Good grief. I hope this is not true. The comments are hilarious though.

Apropos of nothing, but i met Joe Buck once; the year was 2003 and i was in the Quarter with some friends drunk as the proverbial skunk.. as we passed one of the ***ty bars on Bourbon, someone in our group said ”There’s Joe Buck!’.. he stepped out of the lobby to talk to us for a minute, and I remember asking him: “Joe- we are Saints fans.. Please tell us somehting, ANYTHING positive about our team”.. He looked at me and said, “Well, ya got a helluva running back”.. referring to Deuce McAllister.. we all, of course, cheered and agreed..... also, Joe Buck is much bigger than you’d expect, i guess he looks small on the teevee since he’s usually next to Aikman.

BTW, i love Jeopardy, and I’d prefer Buck as the permanent host over Rodgers.. Somehting about Rodgers has always annoyed me, and for me he would detract from the Jeopardy viewing experience.

I don't know why people seem to despise Joe Buck so much. I can see him doing very well in this role. He's engaging, has a calm demeanor, and has some of the same dry wittiness that Trebek possessed.

I don't know why people seem to despise Joe Buck so much. I can see him doing very well in this role. He's engaging, has a calm demeanor, and has some of the same dry wittiness that Trebek possessed.
Sorry, but, to me, Buck projects as a smug feminine hygiene product with zero humility. IMO, comparing him favorably to Trebek in any way is criminal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom