Alex Trebek has passed (Update: new Jeopardy host stuff)) (1 Viewer)

Joe Buck is doing OK. I wouldn't have chosen him as the full-time host, but he isn't as bad as I had anticipated.

I am really miffed about the whole host choice thing. It is as if the producers of Jeopardy did not act in good faith with those auditionees who were hoping that the gig could be there's. I know that Levar has posted a gracious non-acceptance (even though I had high hopes for him, his performance was mediocre at best) but I wonder about some of the other guest hosts who were entertaining thoughts of becoming the host of the show.
I didn't think I would be able to stomach Buck, but he has been far more tolerable than he is during football broadcasts.

I also feel sour about the final choice of Mike Richards. To go through some fairly talented people, then just hand the job to one of the show's EPs, who was underwhelming at best as guest host, seems rather disingenuous.

Seven years before Mike Richards was named the new host of “Jeopardy!”, he was the host of another program, a podcast called “The Randumb Show.”
In one episode that aired on Sept. 4, 2014, after an iCloud hack led to intimate images of female celebrities being disseminated online, Richards asked his co-host if she had ever taken nude photos of herself, according to an in-depth report published in the Ringer, which included audio clips.

“Answer it right now to your fans,” Richards told his co-host, Beth Triffon. “Have you?”

Laughing, Triffon said she hadn’t.

“Yes, you have,” Richards insisted.

“I’ve taken, like, cute pictures of myself,” she said, explaining that they were not nude photos.

“Like boobie pictures?” Richards asked.

Richards frequently made such inappropriate comments about women and their bodies, as well as disparaging remarks about Jewish people and poor people, on the podcast that he hosted between 2013 and 2014, according to a review of all 41 episodes by the Ringer’s Claire McNear.

In another episode, for example, a guest made a nonspecific comment about big noses, according to the Ringer, which detailed the episode but did not post its audio. Richards jumped in: “Ix-nay on the ose-nay,” he allegedly said, speaking pig Latin. “She’s not an ew-Jay.”.............

Moral of the story... do not piss off the Twitter crowd. They will find a way.

Wow. So, is it just Blossom now or they try to add another?

***ETA*** I see they're going back to the drawing board. How can they keep him on as executive producer though?

Give twitter what it wants already or it will just keep ending peoples careers!!!

6bd37c7680336eb3fa77a4d1d97a5d25.gif

Give twitter what it wants already or it will just keep ending peoples careers!!!

6bd37c7680336eb3fa77a4d1d97a5d25.gif
Twitter acknowledged that Lavar was quite awkward during his stint, but that he also was not given a fair shake.

Twitter acknowledged that Lavar was quite awkward during his stint, but that he also was not given a fair shake.
Well, if the story is true, no one really did. In his EP role, Richards had control over editing of segments and those that were selected to guest host. No wonder he came out on top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom