Alex Trebek has passed (Update: new Jeopardy host stuff)) (6 Viewers)

Alex did an interview not long after his diagnosis where he listed a few people he would have liked to see host the show (I remember one being Laura Coats from CNN/SiriusXM). None of them were in the lineup to guest host. You think they would have given them the opportunity seeing that Alex specifically mentioned them.

Love Laura Coates

Mayim is getting some backlash now too over her previous vaccine comments and unusual parenting advice (I vaguely remember something years ago about breastfeeding long after most mothers stop), also was accused of victim blaming Harvey Weinstein victims

Mayim is getting some backlash now too over her previous vaccine comments and unusual parenting advice (I vaguely remember something years ago about breastfeeding long after most mothers stop), also was accused of victim blaming Harvey Weinstein victims
Oh oh

Okay, so this is the week of the Mike Richards episodes. I mean, he does a fine job but I'm so perturbed that this current returning champion who is already I think top 5 on all time money winners has been kinda undershadowed by the controversy. It's SUPPOSED to be about the game and Alex knew that.

Okay, so this is the week of the Mike Richards episodes. I mean, he does a fine job but I'm so perturbed that this current returning champion who is already I think top 5 on all time money winners has been kinda undershadowed by the controversy. It's SUPPOSED to be about the game and Alex knew that.
Yep - Matt is #3 all-time behind Ken and James

Mayim has done a pretty good job this week and you can see that she is starting to embrace the rhythm of the game.

Matt has had some unexpected close calls this week, along with a couple of misses on the early Double's when he finds them. However it may just show how good a player he is - he has managed at least 3 come from behind rallies and Thursday night he ran into a really good player who was very knowledgeable.

Mayim has done a pretty good job this week and you can see that she is starting to embrace the rhythm of the game.

Matt has had some unexpected close calls this week, along with a couple of misses on the early Double's when he finds them. However it may just show how good a player he is - he has managed at least 3 come from behind rallies and Thursday night he ran into a really good player who was very knowledgeable.
It pays to be a good guesser by being able to decipher the way the clues are written, and Matt appears to be a VERY good guesser because he often answers seemingly quite unsure of himself. And he doesn't seem to have a particularly weak category.

Read that Lavar Burton is developing a book based game show that he plans on hosting himself

I did like Payton and Cooper on College Bowl

I also kinda like Jason Biggs on his game show

It pays to be a good guesser by being able to decipher the way the clues are written, and Matt appears to be a VERY good guesser because he often answers seemingly quite unsure of himself. And he doesn't seem to have a particularly weak category.
I'd like to know, since his Ph.D. is in computer science, what his thesis is. I had read somewhere that his focus is AI and machine learning, but never found anything beyond that.

What is the real scoop on this. Do they give the contestants some idea of what to study or did I dream that?

Read that Lavar Burton is developing a book based game show that he plans on hosting himself

I did like Payton and Cooper on College Bowl

I also kinda like Jason Biggs on his game show
Haven't seen Jason Biggs or heard about Levar Burton but I think that's a great idea.

What is the real scoop on this. Do they give the contestants some idea of what to study or did I dream that?
Well, you watch enough, you get a gist of the "flavor" of the types of categories they tend to use. I remember James saying he actually perused children's books as one of his study guides (and I know that tends to be a weak category for me once you get beyond classics). There tends to be a lot of the same answers [in the form of a question], but what changes is how they write the question (if that makes sense). There's no way they presage what the names of the categories will be.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom