Alex Trebek has passed (Update: new Jeopardy host stuff)) (3 Viewers)

I think the only thing that keeps Mayim from the full-time gig is her Hollywood schedule. I've really settled in on her. She's a natural at this point.

For what it's worth
=================

CNN legal analyst Laura Coates said Jeopardy! producers wouldn't let her try out to host the show, despite the fact she had been handpicked by Alex Trebek.

Before his November 2020 death, beloved presenter Trebek discussed who he would like to replace him on the long-running show, mentioning Los Angeles Kings TV play-by-play voice Alex Faust, as well as Coates............

Anyone notice how much harder British quiz shows are?

1st question on American show: Mary had a little lamb it's fleece was white as ________ *cotton

1st question on British show: What element is to the immediate left of iron on the periodic table? *pneumonia
Both of those were too easy....

For what it's worth
=================

CNN legal analyst Laura Coates said Jeopardy! producers wouldn't let her try out to host the show, despite the fact she had been handpicked by Alex Trebek.

Before his November 2020 death, beloved presenter Trebek discussed who he would like to replace him on the long-running show, mentioning Los Angeles Kings TV play-by-play voice Alex Faust, as well as Coates............

Wouldn't "hand picked" mean "didn't mention anyone else"?

hand picked for the short list?

I think she would have done well
Agreed, but considering how the one selecting the guest hosts also selected himself to be the ultimate successor, I can see how she never got a chance.

I honstly wouldn't be surprised that those he selected he wanted to make him look good. Then Mayim showed up...

Agreed, but considering how the one selecting the guest hosts also selected himself to be the ultimate successor, I can see how she never got a chance.

I honstly wouldn't be surprised that those he selected he wanted to make him look good. Then Mayim showed up...
He certainly did his best to tank LeVar.

Following the death of long-time host Alex Trebek in 2020, the Reading Rainbow star was in the running to be chosen as Jeopardy!'s replacement host. The role ultimately went to former executive producer Mike Richards—who was fired after allegations of sexist commentsand then to Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings.

Now, the author is opening up about not being chosen for the position, revealing that he was "not just disappointed, but wrecked."

"Experiencing a very public defeat, humiliation, if you will, was sobering," Burton told Newsy's In the Loop in an interview. "I didn't expect that I would not be their choice for host."

Part of the hurt had to do with the fact Jeopardy!was Burton's "favorite game show" that he had watched since he was a kid. "I honestly thought that I was well-suited for it," he says. "As it turns out, it really wasn't a competition, after all, the fix was in."…..

Following the death of long-time host Alex Trebek in 2020, the Reading Rainbow star was in the running to be chosen as Jeopardy!'s replacement host. The role ultimately went to former executive producer Mike Richards—who was fired after allegations of sexist commentsand then to Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings.

Now, the author is opening up about not being chosen for the position, revealing that he was "not just disappointed, but wrecked."

"Experiencing a very public defeat, humiliation, if you will, was sobering," Burton told Newsy's In the Loop in an interview. "I didn't expect that I would not be their choice for host."

Part of the hurt had to do with the fact Jeopardy!was Burton's "favorite game show" that he had watched since he was a kid. "I honestly thought that I was well-suited for it," he says. "As it turns out, it really wasn't a competition, after all, the fix was in."…..

That is an odd reaction

Levar Burton was a great runner in his youth. He was told to slow down so OJ Simpson could keep up with him
during the filming of Roots.

Yeah…fix? Sour grapes. We’ve all been passed over before. Time to put your big boy pants on and move forward.
It's not sour grapes at all. It's been well documented throughout this thread. Richards was EP and could have the episodes edited to make hosts look as good or bad as he wanted. Then, somehow, the same EP(who was completely underwhelming as host IMO) was given the permanent gig. The fix was totally in.

It's not sour grapes at all. It's been well documented throughout this thread. Richards was EP and could have the episodes edited to make hosts look as good or bad as he wanted. Then, somehow, the same EP(who was completely underwhelming as host IMO) was given the permanent gig. The fix was totally in.
Seems like a bunch of subjective conspiracy nonsense to me. And I like a good tinfoil hat conspiracy as much as the next guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom