Alex Trebek has passed (Update: new Jeopardy host stuff)) (1 Viewer)

I noticed ALL of those starting with the Solzhenitsyn one.

I will always remember watching an episode of Double Dare and the question was something like

"movie characters that are furry creatures that you can't get wet, feed after midnight or expose to sunlight"

I say the correct answer, which is obviously Mogwai

The contestant answered Gremlins and was given a correct answer

I'm still angry about that 35+ years later

0edd6533e8d5ac465ec58d64b1c496ae.jpg

Which one of these is furry you fool?!

Last edited:
Listen, I like Mayim as an actress and all of that, but she grates my nerves as the host of Jeopardy. Many times her delay/response are disruptive to the game, disturbing the flow. If you watched Alex and now Ken, you will see they fit into the flow much more effectively.

I wonder how many rounds of the game the producers have had Mayim play. If she played against herself, she would get it.

Listen, I like Mayim as an actress and all of that, but she grates my nerves as the host of Jeopardy. Many times her delay/response are disruptive to the game, disturbing the flow. If you watched Alex and now Ken, you will see they fit into the flow much more effectively.

I wonder how many rounds of the game the producers have had Mayim play. If she played against herself, she would get it
Yes! Several times a game, there's a delay and the contestant quickly adds all kinds of other information. That's gonna end up costing someone to snatch an incorrect answer from a correct one. Just like "Soulzaneedzen"

Haven't seen it yet but stupid WWL radio just spoilered me.

Remember the Maine?
Yes. While I knew it was the Maine based on the dates in the question, the question started with "This first U.S. battleship..."

The Maine had a sister ship, the Texas, which was ostensibly the "first". They were commissioned at nearly the same time but if you look up "the first U.S. battleship" you will get the Texas back as the answer.

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 8.36.17 AM.png

You'd think WWLTV would update their website. Frankly, they're terrible at updating anything.

So they've been doing second chances leading up to the Tournament of Champions. Today there was a virtual Cliff Clavin. Not in final Jeopardy but in Double Jeopardy, he had a lead of $14,600 with the other two each having less than $2,000. He got the last Double Jeopardy and instead of going conservative and maybe only wagering a grand and protecting his big lead, he bet $6,000, got it wrong, and went down to $8,600. By Final Jeopardy, he was only leading by a couple grand and ended up being the only contestant who got the final question wrong. Which was pretty easy.

The contestant who was at zero for a lot of the game won.

So they've been doing second chances leading up to the Tournament of Champions. Today there was a virtual Cliff Clavin. Not in final Jeopardy but in Double Jeopardy, he had a lead of $14,600 with the other two each having less than $2,000. He got the last Double Jeopardy and instead of going conservative and maybe only wagering a grand and protecting his big lead, he bet $6,000, got it wrong, and went down to $8,600. By Final Jeopardy, he was only leading by a couple grand and ended up being the only contestant who got the final question wrong. Which was pretty easy.

Some of the smartest people are dumb. I've seen contestants do it before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom