Alex Trebek has passed (Update: new Jeopardy host stuff)) (2 Viewers)

Marty_Graw

Forever Grateful to Yoko.
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's just one of the most difficult iterations of cancer to beat. Pancreatic cancer claimed my dad at 76 years of age (his age, not mine, I was 43 at the time). Basically, once the diagnosis was confirmed, there were few options. Due to his age and physical condition, he was essentially told "we can attempt chemotherapy and/or radiation, and that might buy you an extra month or two, but due to your age and your bone density, the 'quality of life' deterioration factor of those extra months wouldn't be worth it. It's probably best that you get your affairs in order and say your goodbyes as you likely have 6 months at most to live."

It's a sobering realization, most certainly. Mr Trebek has likely come to that realization. May he and his family be at peace during and after the eventual outcome.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The thing of it is we KNOW it's coming but he's still doing shows and we're watching and he still seems great. So it's still gonna be a punch in the gut ... kinda like losing to a 1-7 team.

Marty_Graw

Forever Grateful to Yoko.
Reaction score
Sad News, but considering it was pancreatic cancer, he fought it for much longer than most.

TMZ should probably speak with their editors (if they even have any). Line one says he is dead at 80; line below says he was age 79.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Alex, this must be a challenging time for his family, and loved ones.

Good news he probably lived a life of pleasure and had an estimated net worth of $75 million. Not to shabby. Breaking it down, he made approximately $43,000 an episode, according to a quick Google search.

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Just heard this on NFLN. Rich Geisen did a short piece as a tribute to him that was very good. Cancer sucks in general but Pancreatic is the worst in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom