Alice in Chains (new song) (1 Viewer)

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm reading this thread while sitting in my angry chair. Would you accept no excuses if stay away from this thread?

OP
Bronson

Bronson

Centurion
Reaction score
i don't think this is a comment i can just brush away...whatever we had between us, it's over now
well that's your decision, didn't mean to put you down

also, I can't remember, but I think we've been pretty done for a while now

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Again, Would Love/hate/Love to see this thread (we) Die Young, it's Your Decision

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
this really makes me dislike Metallica more than i already did

OP
Bronson

Bronson

Centurion
Reaction score
So I guess it's not by chance that Hetfield chose the song with perhaps the most direct allusion to drug addiction. Kind of bad taste considering the sheet he caught for calling out Staley's addiction.

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I guess it's not by chance that Hetfield chose the song with perhaps the most direct allusion to drug addiction. Kind of bad taste considering the sheet he caught for calling out Staley's addiction.

to be fair, most of Dirt is about drug addiction

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just picked this up on vinyl yesterday (RSD Black Friday release). Brother, with Ann Wilson on backing vocals, has always been one of my favorite AIC songs.

1606944975225.png

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I have a soft spot in my heart for AIC. My cousin overdosed earlier this year. Nobody knows when it happened exactly as his sister dropped him off at his house on NYE, and he was found with a needle in his arm on January 3rd. He had a really messed up childhood (he was abused by family friends and only came out about it when he was well into his 20s) and drugs were how he coped. Great guy, always smiling, carried on like everything was fine, he was in and out of prison on minor offenses, but he would be happy to give you the shirt off his back. He eventually went from prison to rehab, and seemed to have turned his life around until...

Whenever I hear “Would” by AIC I cry, and honestly their entire catalog is a bit more somber to me. It sucks because I really like that song, but after seeing how “Would” played out in my own family it just hits differently now. I can sympathize with the band, and I truly do feel pitty for Layne. Drugs suck.

(I didn’t come to snuff the rooster or this thread)

Last edited:

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
James just got out of his second stint in rehab himself... sure it was also a bit cathartic.

Anyway, this is the only acoustic version of Would we need...

and for those unaware, Metallica was in the audience. The haircuts joke on the bass is for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom