All Black Unis {merged} (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
My buddy called me up and told me he heard on WWL that the Saints were gonna have some all black unis at some point this year. The players are supposed to be pumped about them.

I think our unis are some of the best in the league. That being said, I think all black unis are pretty tough and the Saints can pull it off if anyone can.

The other thing I like is Payton letting the players have a voice in some things. They really liked the black jerseys and he switched back. They wanted all black unis and he let them have them.

The team knows who is boss, but he'll do things like take them to the water park, give them a day off, let them wear black uniforms.

Ya gotta love the fact that he runs the ship but treats the players fairly. I mean they are really excited about wearing all black unis. You gotta love how he gets the team rallied and fired up.

This is what we've been waiting for in New Orleans for a long time. We almost had it during the Mora/Finks era.

So far the Payton/Brees era is off to quite a start and I'm excited about not only what this year holds, but the next few.

Who Dat

Oh for the love of humanity

NNNNOOOOO!!!!

the all black uni's are horrible

i'd rather go in all white

YESSSS!!!! Now, I know alot of people don't like these and everything. Let me just give my opinion though, I really like these, I think they look cool. I have been waiting to hear something like this. That is awesome. I do know that people actually hate them on here but they are my favorites so that's cool.

The all black is better than the gold jerseys that dont even match the helmets. My favorite is white jersey with black pants

^ Nah, you're not alone.

Did ya'll know that we were the first team to sport all-black in a regular-season game back in 2000 (?) ?

black pants with gold stripe down leg on outside,black jersy with gold trim around neck and sleves with gold on each side of jersy matching in line with gold on pants, gold helmet, yea baby

^ Nah, you're not alone.

Did ya'll know that we were the first team to sport all-black in a regular-season game back in 2000 (?) ?

i think it was 01 and someone correct me if im wrong, but were we the first team to wear the same color jersey and pant (other than white on white) which has now turned into a big trend in the nfl. I remeber hearing that somewhere. That being said, I like the black pants if they have gold and white striping, i didnt like the plain black, and i hated that huge gold (but looked kinda puke green) stripe we wore on the black pants back in 99.

I don't know I guess I am wierd I like the all black uniforms and the gold jerseys also. I like the retro uniforms too, I guess I just like the any Saints uniforms but my favorite is the all black.

eww, connector lines are tacky. they're ideal on video games when the jerseys don't get re-positioned, but watch a broncos game - when their connector lines get turned, even a little bit, their jerseys look awful. I liked the plain black pants with JUST the logo near the waistline.

from the wiki file on us,

During the 2001 season, they wore their white jerseys during most of their home games. This was primarily a reaction to the previous season in which they had a better record on the road, and thus a better record wearing their white jerseys, than they had at home. During that same year, they primarily wore black pants with both their white and black jerseys, becoming the first NFL team to wear all-black uniforms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom