All complaints aside, it’s Bridgewater (1 Viewer)

It would have been nice, but in reality, I don't think 50
+ was in the cards yesterday. Even if the receivers caught the passes, it doesn't necessarily equate to TDs. We have only reached 50+ 3 times in the past 10 years, with 09 & 11 being the magic seasons. We hit 40+ plenty of times, but even with our HOF Qb, 50+ is not a given.

The fumble return should not have been called dead, that would’ve been a touchdown.

The punt return shouldn’t have been called back. Line didn’t hold at all.

Lutz missed 2 field goals. That’s 20 points we missed. The total would’ve been 56 if we’d have played the exact same way.

But that’s not a guarantee either. Gameplans change when you have that many points so who knows what we’d have done if we got those missing points

The fumble return should not have been called dead, that would’ve been a touchdown.

The punt return shouldn’t have been called back. Line didn’t hold at all.

Lutz missed 2 field goals. That’s 20 points we missed. The total would’ve been 56 if we’d have played the exact same way.

But that’s not a guarantee either. Gameplans change when you have that many points so who knows what we’d have done if we got those missing points
I was thinking that too.

Don't you think every quarterback would look worse if you took away their best receiver? Especially when that player is one of the few good, consistent receivers on the team?

You continue to bend over backward and create silly hypotheticals to avoid giving Bridgewater any credit whatsoever.

Do you remember how terrible our offense looked last year when Ted Ginn was hurt? While he misses some throws, you can't blame the lack of production from our receivers after Thomas on Bridgewater. This has been an issue well before him.

Stop being delusional. You take away the top receiver from Tom/Drew/Aaron/Peyton and what happens? They still win superbowls putting up 67+% completion days with 300 yards and 3 TDs. Everyone of them has lost a stud receiver to injury at some point and the attack rolled on. If you took Thomas out of our offense and made TB throw just to the other guys then his stats are going to come down. CGM is a once in a generation type possession stud. His lifetime catch percentage is going to be 10% higher than the next highest receiver. Don't try to tell me that that isn't going to improve a QBs baseline stats. Apparently Hasselbeck agrees me with since he went on ESPN and said the exact same thing that I did earlier in this thread. You're buying an Alex Smith. Don't get me wrong. Alex Smith won a lot of games for people in the regular season but when push came to shove, he failed to deliver and the moment the talent around him waned then the train came off the tracks.

People bending over backwards to try and prove that they were right and know more than Sean Flippin Payton about who the starting QB should be.

Stop it. TB has been very good. He's not Drew, but if you think Taysom would have been a better choice at this point, I don't know what to tell you. Teddy was the correct choice and the proof is in the winning and Teddy has played EXTREMELY well in several of these games, yesterday being one of them....

Stop being delusional. You take away the top receiver from Tom/Drew/Aaron/Peyton and what happens? They still win superbowls putting up 67+% completion days with 300 yards and 3 TDs. Everyone of them has lost a stud receiver to injury at some point and the attack rolled on. If you took Thomas out of our offense and made TB throw just to the other guys then his stats are going to come down. CGM is a once in a generation type possession stud. His lifetime catch percentage is going to be 10% higher than the next highest receiver. Don't try to tell me that that isn't going to improve a QBs baseline stats. Apparently Hasselbeck agrees me with since he went on ESPN and said the exact same thing that I did earlier in this thread. You're buying an Alex Smith. Don't get me wrong. Alex Smith won a lot of games for people in the regular season but when push came to shove, he failed to deliver and the moment the talent around him waned then the train came off the tracks.

I’m delusional? You’re trying to compare Bridgewater to some hall of fame quarterbacks (in their primes). Nobody is arguing that he is at that level. Nor is anybody arguing that having a Mike Thomas doesn’t help a quarterback’s stat line.

Again, you’re coming up with silly hypotheticals and bending over backwards to downplay the success Bridgewater has. You were even trying to twist playing the Bears defense on the road as not that difficult of a situation for Bridgewater (earlier and possibly in a different thread).

We saw a quarterback as great as Brees struggle even just last season when an injured Ted Ginn depletes our already thin receiving group. Aaron Rodgers struggled last year as well (relative to him). The players around you matters outside of some VERY rare players and circumstances.

Seriously, how many quarterbacks do you think would just “roll on” if their only receiving options were Ted Ginn, Austin Carr, Taysom Hill, and Josh Hill? Because that’s what you’d be looking at under your hypothetical.

The list of qb’s who are going to excel throwing to that group is so small it’s hardly worth trying to use as a point of comparison.

There’s fair criticism and there’s...whatever it is you’re doing.

People would rather see the Saints struggle without Drew Brees then keep rolling with Drew Brees? is the the New Orleans Brees or the New Orleans Saints?

there will be if after Brees and the Coaches have been preparing for it because its what they get paid for (to field a winning team) and with the talent accumulated on offense and defense and now it appears we have found a QB that can keep this engine running and people are all upset because the Saints will continue to competitive when Brees retires?

You keep the greatest player in the history of your franchise. No contest. I like Teddy. But he’s gonna be someone else’s QB next season

So many scenarios that could possibly play out.
1. Saints win super bowl and Drew retires
2. Saints win super bowl and Drew stays.
3. Saints miss super bowl, Drew retires
4. Saints miss super bowl, Drew stays,

If Drew stays, what are the chances Teddy would stay for another year, two years, three...... until Drew retires.
If Teddy moves on and cashes in on a major payday for him and his family (which just about everyone would completely understand), then do you put your eggs (footballs) in Taysom's basket?
Do you the Saints draft a QB this year no matter what the situation with Drew is? What are the chances that Joe Burrows, who is now familiar with the Saints offensive system, gets drafted by the Saints? What could Payton do with a 6'4" QB that seems to be able to run the Saints offensive system (albeit on a much lesser scale) as well as he does?

Does Teddy's future with the Saints actually depend on what Drew does?

It will a very interesting off season. And I agree, "You keep the greatest player in the history of your franchise. No contest" But I'm not 100% sure Teddy will be someone else's QB next year.

Teddy B. will be the Saints QB next season. If Brees wants to continue playing in his old age, it will be on another team or as Teddy's backup. BOOK IT!!
Are you taking bets? I would like some of that action. Don't believe it will happen.

Okay. You've convinced us all that Teddy is not a first ballot hall of famer today and is inferior to four of the top 15 QBs to ever play the game. Because that's what we're arguing here. You win the prize. Good job lil' buddy :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sounds good. To the victor belongs the spoils.
Fans conveniently forget that Brees' current 2 year deal for 50 mil was only guaranteed 27 mil. If the Saints organization didn't want to fully guarantee a 2-year short-term extension for Brees just two years ago, what makes fans think the Saints organization will want to extend him for 3 to 4 more years for a greater amount of money. That makes absolutely no sense. Brees had to negotiate a "No trade clause" just to make sure the Saints organization would not trade him. That speaks volume. And that is what I am basing my argument on that Bridgewater will be the Saint's next QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom