The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (8 Viewers)

Yesterday when I was driving to work, I saw a car transporter hauling some type of EV car that I had never seen before (not a car enthusiast, so it takes a car looking VERY different for me to even notice). When I got to campus, I looked up the name, Lotus.

I have to admit the cars on the transporter, sedans and SUVs, looked even better than they do on the website. That could just be the product of a poor website though. I only spend a couple minutes looking, but the angles of the pics for the cars, besides the sportscar, were dark, weird angles. Just show the dang car already! At any rate, what do you guys know about them? Do we know yet how they look to fare in the EV market?

I wish I could attend the event, just to learn more about heavy-duty EVs

I want Aptera to succeed, but I think that three wheel design is going to keep them from being anything beyond a small niche player in the EV market. It’s the main reason I haven’t invested in them. Beyond that, the monocoque body is going to make body repairs very expensive.

That said, I dig the design. I love the ability for it to totally recharge itself off solar (assuming you have a clear day). There are several things I like about it. I personally would consider buying one but I think I and many other enthusiasts are outliers from the mass market.

I want Aptera to succeed, but I think that three wheel design is going to keep them from being anything beyond a small niche player in the EV market. It’s the main reason I haven’t invested in them. Beyond that, the monocoque body is going to make body repairs very expensive.

That said, I dig the design. I love the ability for it to totally recharge itself off solar (assuming you have a clear day). There are several things I like about it. I personally would consider buying one but I think I and many other enthusiasts are outliers from the mass maBonks!

Who do you like in the EV market? I posted about the Lotus cars I saw being hauled a few days ago, but it didn't elicit any opinions. Do you like them, Rivian, someone else, or one of the well-known car manufacturers that have entered the EV space?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom