All Elite Wrestling Thread (1 Viewer)

DwgMi9GXcAEB90Y.jpg:large

The concept that WWE superstars are independent contractors is the greatest furphy of all time. I am absolutely staggered that this issue has never been litigated (I know Mike Sanders, Kanyon and some others tried a long time ago but were statute-barred from bringing the claim).

Agreed....

If the "independent contractor" thing was even halfway legit.............WWF and WCW wrestlers would have been able to just freely show up on the other promotion's shows.

They are told where to perform their services.......HOW to perform their services (in terms of their wrestling character, how long the matches will last, what the "finish" will be, etc) and of course, when to show up at the events. They are also, you know, PRO WRESTLERS performing services for a PRO WRESTLING company.

It's basically like a restaurant treating their cooks as independent contractors. Pretty much anyone would say "no, that idea is stupid.....do you wish to get investigated?" And yet, pro wrestlers have been treated that way forever...

Some names I’d like to see join AEW:

Lucha Brothers
David Starr
Walter
Sammy Guevara
Tye Dillinger
Jimmy Havok
DJZ
Ibushi
Rosemary
Tessa Blanchard
Su Yung
Hell, I’d even like to see Ryback join.

Curious to see what other WWE contracts are coming up to see who would be a good fit.

Haven’t had much time to watch wrestling the last 3 months but I’m excited for AEW. I’ve been wanting an alternative to WWE for a while now. You guys know how much I liked Lucha Underground but they pushed me away with booking and other nonsense. I’ve followed NJPW a lot in the last year and really enjoy it. Hopefully AEW can become an American version of them. Can’t beleive they got the financial backing of the Khan’s so money won’t be a problem. Best of luck to them and hopefully we see more former WWE talent signing with them in the near future

Some names I’d like to see join AEW:

Lucha Brothers
David Starr
Walter
Sammy Guevara
Tye Dillinger
Jimmy Havok
DJZ
Ibushi
Rosemary
Tessa Blanchard
Su Yung
Hell, I’d even like to see Ryback join.

Curious to see what other WWE contracts are coming up to see who would be a good fit.
Tess Blanchard would be a HUGE get for that women’s division forsure!

Tess looks to be the centerpiece of WOW on AXS tv but if it’s taped episodes like LU then maybe they could sign her. Taya and Thunder Rosa would be good signing too

Oh god please no!!! If I want to see a juiced up dude who can't wrestle I would just watch Lesnar. Please no!!
:eek:
Trust me he’s no favorite of mine. But if the goal is to get eyeballs on your product, you need some names that the casual WWE fan will recognize. And I’m pretty sure he’s available.

That’s one of the reasons why AEW signed Jericho, his work now will get casual fans to turn in

They got Jericho and now AEW has Omega. I hope they keep bringing in more vets and up and coming talent to bolster their roster. I think talents like Filthy Tom Lawlor, Minoru Suzuki, Dalton Castle, Ivelisse, and The Kodokushi Death Squad(Su Yung and Zeda Zhang) would be perfect fits. Filthy Tom Lawlor, Ivelisse and The Kodokushi Death Squad, in particular, are some of my favorite performers. To me, Ivelisse had already revolutionized woman's wrestling years before Charlotte/Becky/Sasha/Bayley and the Mae Young events. I mean, look at her work on Lucha. Tom Lawlor is made for pro wrestling. His mic skills are evolving, plus he's a legit real life fighter. And The Kodokushi Death Squad is just next level AWESOME! Su and Zeda Zhang are like the Grudge meets Lady Vengeance. Those two are over the top insane. In terms of a woman's tag team, The Kodokushi Death Squad kills anything the WWE can throw together for their upcoming Woman's tag Div.

The Kodokushi Death Squad at MLW event.

Last edited:
Man I can't wait for some of that wasted WWE talent to ask for a release and then have them show up at AEW. Sounds like we might have another big time promotion on our hands here, and I'm excited for it.

Man I can't wait for some of that wasted WWE talent to ask for a release and then have them show up at AEW. Sounds like we might have another big time promotion on our hands here, and I'm excited for it.

Yeah me too. I think there are a lot of guys/gals wasting away in WWE that could do some things in AEW.
I heard some comments from Rusev on a podcast basically just saying how he doesn't know what he has to do to get a more prominent role in the company. He sounds like he is ready to go. But there are plenty of other people not being used or use sparingly that would love to showcase their skills in a new promotion.
Having Omega on board full-time is a BIG deal. He is arguably the best wrestler on the planet right now and is super popular. Just bringing him in will bring a lot of new eyeballs to these other performers.

I'm definitely looking forward to Double or Nothing now. Here is the rumored card so far:
- Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho

- The Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros (Pentagon and Felix)

- Hangman Page vs. PAC

- SCU (Christopher Daniels, Scorpio Sky & Frankie Kazarian) vs. Cima & two OWE talents

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom