All games thread - now we talking (1 Viewer)

If this Bama Tamu game is any indication, LSU should be able to put up a ton of points. Tamu has been able to move the ball quite a bit, especially in the air.

Seriously? It's empty again? I'm forking sick and tired of Tulane fans (of which I am, but I'm not an alum) complaining about fan support. Stop complaining and get your butt in a seat for every home game. Like I said, I'm not even an alum and manage to get to two games a year. Their new stadium has little to no bad seats (from my experience) and has a great chance for home field advantage if there are enough people in attendance to make some noise.

Fritz has brought a really fun brand of football to Tulane and it's being wasted. Do they not let the student body when and where the games are? Or are they all still too busy smoking pot with the kids from McMain to even notice? (J/K but not really. I just the number of freshmen who go to the Boot on a Friday night were to show up to the game on Saturday, you could fill half the stadium.)

Yeah, I agree, the lack of support is baffling. I don't have any ties to a collegiate team in the DC area so I haven't gone to any games in a while, but if I did, I would for sure. When I was in Lafayette, I always went to ULL games as much as I could. I miss it.

Yeah, I agree, the lack of support is baffling. I don't have any ties to a collegiate team in the DC area so I haven't gone to any games in a while, but if I did, I would for sure. When I was in Lafayette, I always went to ULL games as much as I could. I miss it.
Exactly. I can understand it if they're playing at the same time as LSU or if you're going to the game in Baton Rouge later in the day...but a day like today? With the best weather we've had since April? Embarrassing!

I went to FIU and am planning on going to UCF. Maybe it's because it was UCONN and they really suck - as the score shows - but if you're a student?

The administration and athletic department need to do something to get students into the seats. They don't even have a "student section." The worst decision Tulane ever made was leaving the SEC. They could have been an elite academic institution as well as an elite football program for the past however many decades it's been since they left the SEC.

If this Bama Tamu game is any indication, LSU should be able to put up a ton of points. Tamu has been able to move the ball quite a bit, especially in the air.
Agreed. If the defense shows up and Burrow plays like we know he can, Bama is in serious trouble.

Exactly. I can understand it if they're playing at the same time as LSU or if you're going to the game in Baton Rouge later in the day...but a day like today? With the best weather we've had since April? Embarrassing!

I went to FIU and am planning on going to UCF. Maybe it's because it was UCONN and they really suck - as the score shows - but if you're a student?

The administration and athletic department need to do something to get students into the seats. They don't even have a "student section." The worst decision Tulane ever made was leaving the SEC. They could have been an elite academic institution as well as an elite football program for the past however many decades it's been since they left the SEC.

Without a doubt, the worst decision they ever made. So many schools would kill to be able to get into the SEC. Who was the numbnut that got that bright idea? Unreal.

Mond has made some nice passes today. That td he just threw was sweet.
I agree with your earlier post. LSU should be able to put up a good amount of points on Bammer considering they have the #1 offense in the country before today started. (I heard someone say that on sports radio last night, not sure if it's accurate.)

Gymnastics was awesome btw...Now the news is on. Apparently TX police shot some woman in her own home. (I suppose this will pop up on the EE soon as details come in.)

Agreed. If the defense shows up and Burrow plays like we know he can, Bama is in serious trouble.

Without a doubt. Of course all that is moot without a win tonight. This is such a huge game. Imo, more important than Bama. Tigers can lose to Bama and still be in position to get into the playoffs. But...a loss to the Gators would put LSU in a really bad spot. I wouldn't want to go into Bama in a must win situation.

Without a doubt, the worst decision they ever made. So many schools would kill to be able to get into the SEC. Who was the numbnut that got that bright idea? Unreal.
Whoever numbnuts was said he was afraid athletics would bring down their standards in academics. Or so I was told. I obviously wasn't around when it happened.

Seriously? It's empty again? I'm forking sick and tired of Tulane fans (of which I am, but I'm not an alum) complaining about fan support. Stop complaining and get your butt in a seat for every home game. Like I said, I'm not even an alum and manage to get to two games a year. Their new stadium has little to no bad seats (from my experience) and has a great chance for home field advantage if there are enough people in attendance to make some noise.

Fritz has brought a really fun brand of football to Tulane and it's being wasted. Do they not let the student body when and where the games are? Or are they all still too busy smoking pot with the kids from McMain to even notice? (J/K but not really. I just the number of freshmen who go to the Boot on a Friday night were to show up to the game on Saturday, you could fill half the stadium.)

Brother if I was in the NOLA area if even for a visit I'd have my arse there.

Whoever numbnuts was said he was afraid athletics would bring down their standards in academics. Or so I was told. I obviously wasn't around when it happened.

You're right though. It was academics related. But that's a silly reason because being in the SEC would have actually helped rather than hurt their academic programs. I mean, hindsight makes it obvious, but athletics was far different back then, but even then, staying in the SEC was an easy choice. It was a puzzling decision back then and it has always remained that way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom