All good things must end. I'm ready for Taysom. (1 Viewer)

Interesting because the best film study I know of was by Baldy and I got the strong impression he was impressed.

That was his first game. And as much as I love Baldy’s work, he does tend to emphasize the positive (which endears him to a lot of fan bases).

Taysom’s four game body of work was not good enough to lead this team to division titles and potentially a super bowl.

That was his first game. And as much as I love Baldy’s work, he does tend to emphasize the positive (which endears him to a lot of fan bases).

Taysom’s four game body of work was not good enough to lead this team to division titles and potentially a super bowl.

This QB argument is no different than religion and politics. People only see what they want to see. Evidence is conclusive and it is only valid if it supports their predefined conclusion.

So three questions if I may

1. Which body of work film study that formed your opinion, were you referring to
  2. How many times was Winston good enough to lead a team to a division title and potentially a Super bowl. I'll simplify the question. How many times did he lead a team to the playoffs?
  3. Is Baldy pandering to Saints fans in this breakdown?

They aren't perfect especially in small samples, but those passes were completed. Completions are a good thing.

Film grades weren't bad either.

Going into his first start. To a person, his detractors would have scoffed at the suggestion he would stand in the pocket and complete 78% of his passes. Or that he would average 307 yards per game and 2.0 TD's per game.**

** Yards rushing and passing excluding Denver game when Payton essentially abandoned passing. It was 261 yards per game and 2.0 TDs if you include Denver

Attachments

• 1611185754011.png
    1611185754011.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 2
Great..... a RPO Quarterback who can't do the Read part. Did you watch the film study of Taysom against Philly???? Missing the 3rd and 4th reads. Cook over the top, bailing for the quick pass. Hesitates, under throws the deep ball, over throws the screen. I will pass on Taysom, I like the gadget plays when he isn't fumbling the ball. Give me 1 year with Winston to prove it. Taysom.....not the answer. He played Atlanta twice, Philly and Denver..........was he really that impressive? Nah

Great..... a RPO Quarterback who can't do the Read part. Did you watch the film study of Taysom against Philly???? Missing the 3rd and 4th reads. Cook over the top, bailing for the quick pass. Hesitates, under throws the deep ball, over throws the screen. I will pass on Taysom, I like the gadget plays when he isn't fumbling the ball. Give me 1 year with Winston to prove it. Taysom.....not the answer. He played Atlanta twice, Philly and Denver..........was he really that impressive? Nah

Those film studies are worth the free All-22. Otherwise put it on mute and ignore the narrative driving.

Don't need to hear the video to see he misses the throws, doesn't let the play progress, hesitates on the screen, holds the ball too long. Some people say "he lacks experience" "he will only get better". He is 30, lol. Want to name him the future at 30 still learning.....move on

Taysom is the best example I’ve ever seen for why stats are misleading.

I’ll add one more: the small hands issue seems to be a big problem for him. He lacks control of the ball on runs and it seems to be a problem when it comes to throwing. He wears the glove and doesn’t seem to have the command on quick, decisive throws that someone like Josh Allen has.

There are going to be a lot of salty people on here when Taysom gets the starting gig.
we're going to get saltier as the saints circle the drain b/c they went with a one trick pony

Personally, I like him a lot. Seems like a great guy and great teammate. And I love him as a power runner and pass-catcher.

I strongly dislike his inability to read defenses, get the ball out on time and hold onto the football.

I like him as a damn near competent QB who masquerades as a TE or HB or WR and can throw it if he needs to and who can play QB so well he can win 4 out of 5 games.

I just think he's not good enough to be a permanent choice, but I'd love to be wrong and win the SB next year with him as gadget hero or QB.

Those are all valid points and things he definitely needs to improve. Personally, I would like to see how much he can improve after an offseason of nothing but QB prep/film study/reps, etc. The vibe I get from some posters is that he can't get better, no matter what he does, but somehow Winston will magically stop turning the ball over at ungodly rates. I guess we'll find out soon enough what SP thinks is the best path forward.

Taysom turned the ball over at an ungodly rate this year. His turnovers prevented us from having the #1 seed.

And, nobody, not one person has actually laid down the vibe you're picking up.

Don't need to hear the video to see he misses the throws, doesn't let the play progress, hesitates on the screen, holds the ball too long. Some people say "he lacks experience" "he will only get better". He is 30, lol. Want to name him the future at 30 still learning.....move on

You are putting words in my mouth. My point is he's not some failure people are making him out to be, he looked competent. Also, chances are he's going to be our 2021 QB.

Taysom turned the ball over at an ungodly rate this year. His turnovers prevented us from having the #1 seed.

And, nobody, not one person has actually laid down the vibe you're picking up.
Thanks bud. Next time I get a vibe, I’ll check with you first to make sure it’s been laid down. Wouldn’t want to get crossways with your vibe-detecting skills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom