All good things must end. I'm ready for Taysom. (1 Viewer)

haha why? Because I'm always right.

You were right about him missing time. You were right about him being given the chance to start when Drew went down. Because both decisions were already made and communicated.

This one isn’t happening. Taysom just isn’t a starting QB in this league. But I hope he can continue to be valuable in short yardage situations and help with the transition to Jameis.

So if they surround Taysom with a good def that plays well most of the time, we might win 11 or 12 games? What a concept. I think Denver did that a few years ago with an ancient Manning who could barely throw the ball. But heck, they only won the SB, so results were mixed. And if Taysom focuses exclusively on the QB position in the offseason, as opposed to every skill offensive position plus special teams, is there a chance he might improve his play? Nah, you’re right. The dude can’t win.

Dood. It's not a question of whether he can win. It's a question of whether we can get someone who can win more.

We already have that guy in the building and Taysom can continue to play his role and be the backup. He's getting paid a ton of money and he's a freak at being a freak.

If he kept his current level of play for another few years he'll be an historic player and he can continue that role with JW as QB.

We would have 2 opening TD’s with Taysom.
if cooks could hold on to that ball we were up 20 13 moving up to try to make it 27 13 also it was a little behind him but the ball hit him in the shoulder then got intercepted
ok you dont catch the ball that pings off your arm but coudnt nock it down if anything he has been a step slow i like him but he needs to go #number 87

The strength of our team was defense the past two years. That and the depth on the line, we need to maintain that and not reach for the most expensive QB on the market. (Watson) We would have to give up too much to get a chance at him. We get our QB through the draft finding gems at the right time like we hit With Alvin Kamara. In the meantime we have two good qb's , I say 2 because I think the Saints keep Taysome Hill and Jameis Winston and I think they both will be utilized by the brilliant mind of Sean Payton. We will miss the quick audibles and reading of defenses that was Drew's gift but with more experience I think the two guys we have will suffice until the right QB falls to us for the long term answer.

Last edited:
Dood. It's not a question of whether he can win. It's a question of whether we can get someone who can win more.

We already have that guy in the building and Taysom can continue to play his role and be the backup. He's getting paid a ton of money and he's a freak at being a freak.

If he kept his current level of play for another few years he'll be an historic player and he can continue that role with JW as QB.
Oh, the team will be looking for a QB who can win the most games? I get it now. Using that measuring stick, Jameis “I’ve thrown more ints than anyone in the NFL over the last 5 years” Winston is definitely the right choice to replace Drew.

Oh, the team will be looking for a QB who can win the most games? I get it now. Using that measuring stick, Jameis “I’ve thrown more ints than anyone in the NFL over the last 5 years” Winston is definitely the right choice to replace Drew.

He is a far better passer and quarterback than Taysom "i've made more turnovers than anyone on the saints despite limited touches".

This is what I don’t get. If someone doesn’t want Jameis because of his turnovers, then how can they want Taysom? LOL.

I don't hate either one of them. I think Taysom is great. He's a threat any time he's on the field, but he's loose with the ball. I bet not practicing everyday as a runner makes that hard to fix just like not practicing everyday as a QB limits his timing and accuracy. Not practicing as a TE or HB everyday does the same, but he's still great. Fumbling can usually be fixed.

Same with JW. He threw a ton of INTs last year, but I watched him at FSU. He's got all the arm talent in the world. Brady struggled early this year in that Arians offense and Winston also threw for 5200 yards in mostly losing efforts.

A year on the sidelines and a year of system work plus a preseason and I bet he's going to the ProBowl. With Taysom Hill as backup and swiss army knife, we are just as dangerous next year as we were this year.

He is a far better passer and quarterback than Taysom "i've made more turnovers than anyone on the saints despite limited touches".
Winston is 28-42 as a starter. Your opinion of him as a passer and QB is meaningless against ample evidence that he’s just not a winner at this level. He had 5 years to prove himself, and all he’s proved is that he likes to throw to the other team almost as much as his own teammates. But who knows, maybe he’ll improve and get us to the Super Bowl, right?

Its a loosing proposition. Taysom fumbles and Winston throws picks.

Payton is going to build around the strengths of Winston and this team is going to look more explosive now that we have a QB with a livelier arm and stands 6'4 in the pocket.

Payton is going to build around the strengths of Winston and this team is going to look more explosive now that we have a QB with a livelier arm and stands 6'4 in the pocket.

bingo.

And it’s not much of an adjustment. Payton already has plenty of passing concepts that feature three levels. Reporters at training camp have said that, by the end of camp, Jameis was hitting guys on the 3rd (deepest) level.

I do think we need to invest in a true deep threat at WR. Not sure Harris can be a full-time PR/KR and WR. But Jameis could turn open this thing up real fast if he got a deep threat or two to go along with AK and MT.

Last edited:
He is a far better passer and quarterback than Taysom

You've picked a hard opinion to back up.

Please examine the following two graphics.

Jameis Winstons first four starts in the NFL and his 7 worst losses of nine total losses last year.

Seriously you think Jameis is the answer? I do not know if Taysom will ever be someone's #1 but if he does and plays 5 years I doubt strongly that he will have 7 worse games in his fifth year than Jameis did in his swan song with the Bucs.

Then I compare what Brady did with that same team and my conviction meter moves from confident to virtually certain.

I've read the weird opinions that Payton put the season at risk and played the inferior QB because he wanted to see what Taysom could do and such. Coaches field the teams they think give them the best chance to win. Period. He played Taysom and admitted it was a close call. I take from that, in Payton's mind, Taysom is the better QB at this point in time.

Which is more likely? Jameis will completely remake his Football instincts or Taysom will grow and develop with experience?

I have no crystal ball but I humbly (or arrogantly if you prefer) predict Taysom has the better upside between the two and he will be Drews's replacement and he will be good at it.

Jameis 3.jpg
jameis2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom