All good things must end. I'm ready for Taysom. (1 Viewer)

Payton is going to build around the strengths of Winston and this team is going to look more explosive now that we have a QB with a livelier arm and stands 6'4 in the pocket.

I can't wait until pre-season to see which of us is the better prognosticator. So you think if Drew was a couple of inches taller his story would probably have a few more rings in it. Makes his career achievements even more impressive that he did it seeing the field through the gaps between linemen.

Drew 6'0"

McCoy 6'4"
Peat 6'7"
Ruiz 6'4"
Armstead 6'5"
Ramczyk 6'6"

Wait one second ... isn't Russell Wilson, 5-11 ? Kyler Murray begs to differ with you too.

Looks like Taysom is in the sweet spot.

1611036918015.png

1611036990305.png

Taysom has often been our second gear in big games. Call me crazy but his absence made us too one-dimensional.

The weight of this being the last game was too much for Drew. I can't imagine the pressure of playing in your last home game with your legacy partly in the balance.
Taysom lost us 2 games(GB and Philly) this year and he has gotten smaller on the big stage. We wont win more than 4-6 games next year with him

Taysom lost us 2 games(GB and Philly) this year and he has gotten smaller on the big stage. We wont win more than 4-6 games next year with him
GB game, defense forces a single punt all game and gives up 37 points.
Philly game, defense allows 246 yards rushing, including 2 100+ yard rushers, after not allowing a 100 yard rusher for 50+ straight games.

Yep, I see how you reached the conclusion that Taysom lost both games.

Good grief. There is some deep-seeded dislike of Taysom Hill on this board.

GB game, defense forces a single punt all game and gives up 37 points.
Philly game, defense allows 246 yards rushing, including 2 100+ yard rushers, after not allowing a 100 yard rusher for 50+ straight games.

Yep, I see how you reached the conclusion that Taysom lost both games.

Good grief. There is some deep-seeded dislike of Taysom Hill on this board.
On the other end of the spectrum, there's also a lot of head-scratching infatuation with Taysom.

So if they surround Taysom with a good def that plays well most of the time, we might win 11 or 12 games? What a concept. I think Denver did that a few years ago with an ancient Manning who could barely throw the ball. But heck, they only won the SB, so results were mixed. And if Taysom focuses exclusively on the QB position in the offseason, as opposed to every skill offensive position plus special teams, is there a chance he might improve his play? Nah, you’re right. The dude can’t win.

Taysom has been a QB his entire career... but at 31, if we let him throw some routes to receivers in shorts at OTAs, he will then learn to hit a single read, wide open receiver without fumbling.

I just have a hard time seeing how it’s that easy.

I find iit interesting how much this board suddenly shut down Taysom. Was it because Taysom missed a game and Jamies threw a trick play?

A lot of people saying Taysom isn't an NFL QB, yet he started 4 games. By any stat or film grade he looked like an NFL QB.

I think Taysom has the leg up for this job still. He has the contract and he has the experience. Design an offense around him and I think servicable is at least what you get.

I still have tons of questions but for just 2021 I'm not canceling Taysom.

I see someone(s) being traded, a contract being restructured, and Mr. Watson as our starting QB!

I find iit interesting how much this board suddenly shut down Taysom. Was it because Taysom missed a game and Jamies threw a trick play?

A lot of people saying Taysom isn't an NFL QB, yet he started 4 games. By any stat or film grade he looked like an NFL QB.

I think Taysom has the leg up for this job still. He has the contract and he has the experience. Design an offense around him and I think servicable is at least what you get.

He had his audition. The best throw all season was made by our 3rd string QB, everytime Taysom threw a bomb it was short. I'm not writing him out but he showed what he had.

Probably because he is a all around athlete and Payton fully endorsed him to be the next guy...I see a lot of butthurt anytime he expresses that sentiment
You make it sound like Payton continues to say he'll be our starter, but that's not true.

Payton endorsed him for the 2020 season if Drew were to get hurt. Payton said point blank a few weeks ago that Taysom will have to compete with Jameis if he's to get the starting job when Drew leaves for good.

I've seen no sudden change in the sentiment here.

Well before Jameis' TD throw Sunday, the room was split. It's still split.

He had his audition. The best throw all season was made by our 3rd string QB, everytime Taysom threw a bomhb it was short. I'm not writing him out but he showed what he had.

3 of 4 games over 100 rating, 73% cmpl. 4 passing TDs, 4 rushing TDs, 2ints. Certainly some problems with sacks and fumbles but thats some legit numbers.

3 of 4 games over 100 rating, 73% cmpl. 4 passing TDs, 4 rushing TDs, 2ints. Certainly some problems with sacks and fumbles but thats some legit numbers.
We all saw the games and there a lot of things that he lacks( not making quick reads, fumbles, and a terrible deep ball). I'm not sold on him and I think Jameis deserves a chance to prove what he can do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom