All good things must end. I'm ready for Taysom. (1 Viewer)

We all saw the games and there a lot of things that he lacks( not making quick reads, fumbles, and a terrible deep ball). I'm not sold on him and I think Jameis deserves a chance to prove what he can do.
I mean, I really enjoyed Taysom not being able to make a basic coverage read, holding on to the ball, and coughing it up on a sack-fumble against the Bears.

We all saw the games and there a lot of things that he lacks( not making quick reads, fumbles, and a terrible deep ball). I'm not sold on him and I think Jameis deserves a chance to prove what he can do.

Yeap agree with the competition if they can make the cap work. Just telling people (not you) to stop cancelling Taysom. No good reason too. If you don't leave your mind open to it you are setting yourself up for dissapointment.

I've seen no sudden change in the sentiment here.

Well before Jameis' TD throw Sunday, the room was split. It's still split.

I am seeing some push back now. For a while there if was like a running joke that Taysom could have a chance to start.

Yeap agree with the competition if they can make the cap work. Just telling people (not you) to stop cancelling Taysom. No good reason too. If you don't leave your mind open to it you are setting yourself up for dissapointment.
I'm not cancelling him but I think I have a pretty good idea of his ceiling now. Plus, he's under contract for another year.

Winston is 28-42 as a starter. Your opinion of him as a passer and QB is meaningless against ample evidence that he’s just not a winner at this level. He had 5 years to prove himself, and all he’s proved is that he likes to throw to the other team almost as much as his own teammates. But who knows, maybe he’ll improve and get us to the Super Bowl, right?

You are really getting upset, because someone disagrees with your opinion?! Taysom was on a record pace as well fumbling the ball. If Taysom can be the next Lamar(An MVP by the way, something #9 never received) why didn't anyone offer a number 1 pick for him? Taysom is walking turnover, I guessed you forgot that last fumble in the failcants game that would've cost the SAINTS that game?

I find iit interesting how much this board suddenly shut down Taysom. Was it because Taysom missed a game and Jamies threw a trick play?

A lot of people saying Taysom isn't an NFL QB, yet he started 4 games. By any stat or film grade he looked like an NFL QB.

I think Taysom has the leg up for this job still. He has the contract and he has the experience. Design an offense around him and I think servicable is at least what you get.

I still have tons of questions but for just 2021 I'm not canceling Taysom.

What about the record pace for fumbles??? Oh, if that's correctable why can't Jameis' problems be corrected?

He’s also terrible at throwing screens and we all know how much coach Payton loves screens

You are really getting upset, because someone disagrees with your opinion?! Taysom was on a record pace as well fumbling the ball. If Taysom can be the next Lamar(An MVP by the way, something #9 never received) why didn't anyone offer a number 1 pick for him? Taysom is walking turnover, I guessed you forgot that last fumble in the failcants game that would've cost the SAINTS that game?
Not upset. Simply offering counter points. And since you mentioned fumbles, Jameis had 50, that's right, 50 during his time in TB. He's got a 5 year history of being the Santa Claus of turnovers.

In the end, I'll trust who SP picks as Drew's replacement. In my uneducated opinion, Winston is not the guy.

What about the record pace for fumbles??? Oh, if that's correctable why can't Jameis' problems be corrected?

Never said they can't for either case. Even if they did continue, a fumble is not equivalent to a turnover. Only a lost fumble is comparable.

I'm still open to Jamies being the starter. I just think the path is harder for him, having to be re-signed then win the job. I think both are possible I just tend to think Taysom is more likely between the two.

You'll be preparing for a long time, because he's not going to be the full-time QB going forward.

You remind me of Tom Hanks when he said

"I think that man will be president of the United States right about the time that spaceships come down filled with dinosaurs in red capes. "

I'd love to know why. I mean the truth, the real reason they don't like him.
People have given every reason under the sun. They even had a poll where one of the choices was, "The myth is bigger than the man." Lots of people selected that one. If you don't accept any of the other 6 -10 reasons people have given, then just believe that one: he's overhyped (by posters like you).

By saying you want to know the "real" reason, you're saying there is only one answer you will accept; the one YOU want to hear.

That's not how questions work.

Not upset. Simply offering counter points. And since you mentioned fumbles, Jameis had 50, that's right, 50 during his time in TB. He's got a 5 year history of being the Santa Claus of turnovers.

In the end, I'll trust who SP picks as Drew's replacement. In my uneducated opinion, Winston is not the guy.

In his 7 worst losses of 2019

1. He threw 11 TDs,
  2. He threw 20 Interceptions
  3. He fumbled 9 times
  4. 24 total turnovers
  5. 58% completion rate
  6. Zero rushing TDs (only one the entire year)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom