All hail Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Another masterful performance against a great defense

27-35, 265 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 Rushing TD, 107.4 QB rating

That last drive with the lead was tremendous and the difference between us winning and losing. I love the fact that we were very aggressive with the lead late in the game.

Seattle came into the game with the league's 4th best opposing QB rating at only 76.2

Against a defense that gives up 14 points a game.

Dude is just a machine.

Brees numbers won't pop out an a stat sheet today, but his job was to not lose the game for us, and that job was completed.

Not to say he managed the game, when we needed to make plays in the passing game he made them... but taking the Sack on 3rd down on that last drive was a very, very smart thing to do. Instead of throwing an incompletion to stop the clock for them, or worse an interception. Smartest play of the day.

He could've had another TD had Coleman pushed toward the EZ instead of sitting down. At the very least, he could've gotten a 1st down, making it first and goal.

Brees numbers won't pop out an a stat sheet today, but his job was to not lose the game for us, and that job was completed.

Not to say he managed the game, when we needed to make plays in the passing game he made them... but taking the Sack on 3rd down on that last drive was a very, very smart thing to do. Instead of throwing an incompletion to stop the clock for them, or worse an interception. Smartest play of the day.
They pop to me because he completed 77% of his passes. He had 2 tds and should have one more. He was a beast to say the least. Sharp as hell!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Against a defense that gives up 14 points a game.

Dude is just a machine.

That SEA defense has eaten us up the last several times we've played them. I believe the last match up, we were able to move the ball in the second half. But overall, not a good performance offensively. Today, I was pretty pleased with our offensive game plan and execution, outside of those goal line situations. But, there's a reason SEA is the #1 D. #1 O wins this round and I'm a very happy Who Dat.

Brees is always the man, in my humble opinion, this game was won on the back of Tim Hightower. At least that's who i feel should get the game ball. I'm so over Mark Ingram, I've had his back long enough. Talk about Rbs who sees different things with different styles of running. 2nd half of season should be the Hightower & Lasco show.

Just think if he does throw that incomplete pass, that 15 extra seconds for Seattle at our 10 yard line gives them multiple shots at the endzone.

Great point.

There was a lot of film study involved for Drew and the receivers to turn in this performance against Seattle. Drew and Krewe were able to find their weak spots and exploit them, angering and frustrating them in the process. It was a thing of beauty to see strength go against strength and beat them.

Personally, though, I think the biggest difference in this matchup from the last few vs. Seattle was the talent we had at wide receiver. A few times, we actually beat them man-up, and that was beautiful to see.

Drew Brees has now thrown a TD pass in his last 58 games at home. The last time he didn't throw one was early 2009 against the Jets (Saints had two defensive TDs in that game).

7 years and counting

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom