All Hail Mickey (1 Viewer)

GameBreaker

Underrated
Reaction score
The guy who gets us out of salary cap purgatory every year is the same as the guy who puts us in salary cap purgatory every year.

Attachments

• CutPaste_2023-03-14_09-47-36-118.jpg
    CutPaste_2023-03-14_09-47-36-118.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 2
Cap purgatory and yet we were still able to sign the highest paid free agent on the open market.

I guess the Saints are the only team in the league losing average talent right now? All the "responsible" teams not in purgatory (based on fans' limited understanding of the cap) aren't losing any average or good players?

People who don't know need to stop acting like they know.

Every team does this, and has been since the salary cap started. The Niners set the tone back in the 80s, winning several Super Bowls in the process of appearing to "mortgage the future," and pretty much every successful team has followed the model since then.

It's downright silly to say this pattern leads to a crash since the cap has gone up every single season for decades. Now, if or when profits slip, then someone might rightfully gripe this model brings on a crash, but until then it's standard practice for teams trying to build a roster that can win.

Cap purgatory and yet we were still able to sign the highest paid free agent on the open market.

I guess the Saints are the only team in the league losing average talent right now? All the "responsible" teams not in purgatory (based on fans' limited understanding of the cap) aren't losing any average or good players?
These posts are made by a third group not identified in my previous post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom