All in one laserjet for Vista + networking (1 Viewer)

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
Reaction score
I'm searching for a laserjet that works sufficiently with Vista. I was looking at the HP Laserjet 3055, but I hear there are issues accessing all the options.

Anyone have an all in one LASERJET that works with Vista?

for some reason that thought of an all in one laserjet makes me cringe..
hmm why would that be.......

i do like my color laser though.. i'll never buy another dang inkjet that is useless in 6 months.

i would think as far as the vista concerns would go, if it's a newer model, there for sure would be better drivers coming out. Getting one to work with linux... well that's another story..
sorry couldn't resist that easy one.
linux is good for systems that it has all the drivers available for it.
I bought an all in one epson a few years ago, worked great for few times.. about 6 months after bought it, only use about 1 a month, or so, and ink was dried up.
running thru cleaning, no use.
if was to get where needed to scan much, i'd by a scanner. granted all in ones are convenient if you like to make copies.. and laserjet wouldn't have the issue with dried ink.
smart with going laser. in the long run it's cheaper.
considering you said LASERJET, that would presume it to be HP, as they are the only brand that can use that term. it's copyrighted.
so guess can't suggest the cannon that was highly regarded.
like said i'd think you'd be safe with a newer model, as hp does work on their drivers untill problems are resolved with them. That much, i'll give HP.

The model I am looking at is from the Summer of 07 and they seem to have drivers fro print/scan only. No fax support. That's unreal.

Technically, it doesn't have to be an HP, it can be any brand as long as it's laser.

The model I am looking at is from the Summer of 07 and they seem to have drivers fro print/scan only. No fax support. That's unreal.

Technically, it doesn't have to be an HP, it can be any brand as long as it's laser.

that' is kind of strange, but with scanning to email, that just about does away with the need to fax..
if you want one that is KICKBUTT, there is a lexmark, but i'd have to wait till sat before seeing what model it is..
I guarantee it isn't cheap though.
it's a very good copy/scan/fax, it can work with authentication on the network, and send scan straight to email. it's amazing.

checkout the lexmark w820.. imagine it costs a bundle though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom