All of youse with HBO Max (1 Viewer)

PSA
HBOMax is 20% off if you pre pay for 6 months.

Yes, I bet they will. They both realize it's in their best interests to make this happen.....quickly.

Yes, I bet they will. They both realize it's in their best interests to make this happen.....quickly.

I'd also like to see HBO Max on my LG TV.... Right now I have to hook up my old Surface Pro4 and full screen anything through Chrome. I guess I'll blow the dust off my XBone and get the HBOMax app on there.

I'd also like to see HBO Max on my LG TV.... Right now I have to hook up my old Surface Pro4 and full screen anything through Chrome. I guess I'll blow the dust off my XBone and get the HBOMax app on there.
Yep. I tried out the set up that St Widge pointed out here:

There is a way to "Side Load" the HBO Max app onto Roku. I know it can be done on Fire TV devices because I did it before they released the Fire TV app and it worked great. It's kind of a pain, but until they release the app, it's an option. Here is a link to the article on how to do it:

https://decider.com/2020/08/02/heres-how-to-watch-hbo-max-on-roku-or-amazon-fire-tv-for-now/

And it worked well enough. So, it looks like on Christmas Day (when Wonder Woman comes out), if not sooner, I'll be jumping on the bandwagon. There are probably quite a few things that I'd like to watch on this service, so I'll likely be filling out an application for more hours in the day soon.

And it worked well enough. So, it looks like on Christmas Day (when Wonder Woman comes out), if not sooner, I'll be jumping on the bandwagon. There are probably quite a few things that I'd like to watch on this service, so I'll likely be filling out an application for more hours in the day soon.

We rewatched the Sopranos because the vegetarians had never seen it and it still held up.

I'd say that it give Time Warner/HBO the upper hand in the negotiations now. I noticed that they got a deal done for the Amazon Fire Sticks right before this announcement. I'm guessing that Time Warner flexed the power of new release movies on HBO Max.

HBO Max has some good content. All the normal HBO series, Westworld, Watchmen, GoT, Sopranos, ect., HBO movies, and some good Max exclusives like Doom Patrol, Titans, Watchmen, and Raised by Wolves. It was already a good service before the addition of new releases. But I know some people had issues with it because it didn't have 4K Video, but I could not possibly care less about 4K Video. Any level of HD is pretty much so good enough for me if the content is good.

My friend said that it looks like Wonder Woman 1984 will be their first 4K offering.

Well now, that didn't take long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom