All-pro guard josh sitton to be released if packers can't trade him ! (1 Viewer)

If we get him, with already getting Kruger, I would feel like we patched the biggest holes on our team heading into the season. We would go from an average team to an above average team. Above average teams make the playoffs. This should be a no brainer for the front office. Brees should want this too.

From what I read, Packer fan are either confused by this move for the following reasons.

1. There is no depth if they cut them
2. Packer are already 10 million under the cap
3. He has no dead money and it's not like the Packers need his cap saving

From what I gather... Fans believe it is...

1. They think the Packers predicting that his body is breaking down
2. Packers being cheap(No Surprise on that).

Brees would likely have to agree to a deal in order for us to pick up that cap hit. We'd also likely have to give up a pick. Probably somewhere around a 3rd. Anyone willing to give that up for him?

9207ce29a6aa482c9cad90516135db4f.jpg

Brees would likely have to agree to a deal in order for us to pick up that cap hit. We'd also likely have to give up a pick. Probably somewhere around a 3rd. Anyone willing to give that up for him?
That's what I'm thinking. We had to extend Unger to get Kruger. Is there anyone else to extend or is Brees it?

our financial position might dictate that we need to wait until he is cut.

we can't afford his cap hit this year via trade, unless he redoes his deal or somebody already on the team restructures.

but wow, between Kruger and Sitton, this could be a godsend for the upcoming season. We could very well look back on this week after we win the superbowl this year, and say this was the week that won it for us

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Sitton has led all Gs in pass blocking efficiency for three straight seasons. He&#39;s 30 years old. His cap hit is &lt;$7m. What is going on?</p>&mdash; Mike Renner (@PFF_Mike) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/772143815717163009">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

our financial position might dictate that we need to wait until he is cut.

we can't afford his cap hit this year via trade, unless he redoes his deal or somebody already on the team restructures.

but wow, between Kruger and Sitton, this could be a godsend for the upcoming season. We could very well look back on this week after we win the superbowl this year, and say this was the week that won it for us

Pumpage of the breakage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom