All Saints’ Day (1 Viewer)

Spec

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This football team was awarded to New Orleans on November 1, 1966. So All Saints’ Day should be a very special day for this franchise. Yet, due to byes and Monday Night games, the Saints have played only once on November 1st in the past 2 decades.

That game was on November 1, 2015, against Eli Manning’s New York Giants. That was one of the most exciting games in NFL history with Drew and Eli battling it out all day. Drew would finish with career highs of 511 yards passing and 7 TD’s. Kai Forbath hit a 50-yard FG as time expired to give the Saints a thrilling 52-49 victory, the 3rd highest total score in NFL history. Here’s a great recap of the game:

There is no way the game today will be anything like that high-scoring affair, what with the Saints’ wide receiver injuries, the Bears’ stingy defense, and Nick Foles. But let’s pray that some All Saints’ Day magic will bring our boys home victorious!

That game should have gone OT, save for a silly 15 yd penalty on the Giants special teams.

With a successful coin flip, Brees would most likely have broken the single game TD pass record with 8 and the yardage record of over 551.

I was at that game. Sheerly by chance as well since that was before I lived here in the city and was in town visiting for the weekend. My friend and I decided last minute to buy scalp tickets as we were walking by the Superdome. Ended up being one of the best games I’ve been to (even though I blacked out at the end of the 3rd Q and came to at the Harrah’s blackjack table up like $100 bucks).... good day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom