All south Louisiana saints fans... (1 Viewer)

tthier2

O.G. Bobby Johnson
Reaction score
Be careful and I hope you are OK. Roads are closed in our area due to zero visibility.

I left for work yesterday morning and haven't been able to get back to my house since as my entire neighborhood in Youngsville is currently underwater. Most have been evacuated at this point. Hope everyone is safe

I'm OK for now, but the local bayou will crest at record levels Sunday night. It may and may not reach our home. I'll just have to watch helplessly as the water rises to all time record highs.

Many people in my area of Acadiana are already flooded out. My prayers go out to them. The good news is, they will bounce back in a few days to a few weeks.

We are stuck at the house. The water got to about a foot from getting in, but has dropped a couple of inches with the slow drizzle we'be had

I'm stuck in my house as well both ends of road are blocked.

Here in Ville Platte, we'll be in a curfew from 6pm to 6 am - from what I understand lots of streets were flooded and many homes were breached.

I just barely escaped floodwaters coming into my house by a couple of inches at most - my yard is about 18 inches above street level and my house is on a slab.

The yard and front porch were covered with water at 7am!

Thankfully, the rains stopped for most of the day and the street finally cleared!

Also, I know Baton Rouge has been hammered including my brother who had his entire subdivision evacuated just NE of BR near Joor Rd area. (The Comite River is nearby.)

I hope all get a reprieve from this mess and the forecast doesn't hold true as there is much more rain forecasted overnight and tomorrow!

Stay Dry and Stay Safe!

My prayers go out to all of you. May God protect and look over you and your families during this time.

God bless all you guys that are dealing with this right now. I'll keep you in my prayers that you are safe and make it through this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom