All Things Considered (1 Viewer)

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
All Things Considered,

we had 10 starters out this game and 8 Coaches! Tell me that isn’t unprecedented!

This loss was a beat down, we were dominated in a lot of ways, but all things considered, not in the typical way.

You see, let’s take Payton’s calls off the table, they were bad, one of his worst coaches games. But why? Because he was stretched thin. We are no stranger to Payton getting too cute, but with the lack of support around him, maybe he felt out of rythm and out of sync. we all know this happens for players AND for coaches.

now to the players, the OLine got dominated. Frankly, O Line is the most important position to have major coaching support. It was clear it wasn’t there and as the game went on, guys just got worse and worse.

Winston, very panicked. But I don’t buy the “old Winston” narrative. The media will play that but it wasn’t the story of the game. The first INT was consequential. Yes, but I see why he did it, to try and make a spark. That, is coachable.

this game was lost in the one on one matchups. Particularly the O line as mentioned above but also on defence, WOW, did our LBs look a step behind, WOW was there confusion and lack of communication. But that’s going to be par for the course with all those game time decisions. What’s missing in it is, when those inactives happen, it’s a double duty or work on the coaches to keep the new starters focused and thinking clearly. How can you do that with so many D coaches gone?

To me, all things considered, we were not close to 100% as a team and although people may think the sky is falling, when you consider the above, and realize that it is only week 2 and we have an extra game to play this season, you got to think the timing is better now than later on.

we as fans have to find our feet like the saints d in the second half. We got a long way to go.

and all things considered, I think we come out firing next week!

Let’s Regroup and Get At It!

WHO DAT

When you saw a 2007 Bush Pitch on a 3rd and one...

Payton definitely wasn't able to game plan with the brilliant minds that we are accustomed to seeing and the game plan was clearly rushed with little to no attention to detail.

Simply due to all the distractions with coaches being lost, and probably how it affected everyone, this is just one we have to move on from. Even though Payton said it had absolutely no impact, I refuse to believe that. With that said, we still should have been better. But, there’s no way to know just how much the situation impacted the gameplan, and of course the number of injuries was killer, also. Like I said, this is one we can easily overlooked if we can bounce back next week.

All Things Considered,

we had 10 starters out this game and 8 Coaches! Tell me that isn’t unprecedented!

This loss was a beat down, we were dominated in a lot of ways, but all things considered, not in the typical way.

You see, let’s take Payton’s calls off the table, they were bad, one of his worst coaches games. But why? Because he was stretched thin. We are no stranger to Payton getting too cute, but with the lack of support around him, maybe he felt out of rythm and out of sync. we all know this happens for players AND for coaches.

now to the players, the OLine got dominated. Frankly, O Line is the most important position to have major coaching support. It was clear it wasn’t there and as the game went on, guys just got worse and worse.

Winston, very panicked. But I don’t buy the “old Winston” narrative. The media will play that but it wasn’t the story of the game. The first INT was consequential. Yes, but I see why he did it, to try and make a spark. That, is coachable.

this game was lost in the one on one matchups. Particularly the O line as mentioned above but also on defence, WOW, did our LBs look a step behind, WOW was there confusion and lack of communication. But that’s going to be par for the course with all those game time decisions. What’s missing in it is, when those inactives happen, it’s a double duty or work on the coaches to keep the new starters focused and thinking clearly. How can you do that with so many D coaches gone?

To me, all things considered, we were not close to 100% as a team and although people may think the sky is falling, when you consider the above, and realize that it is only week 2 and we have an extra game to play this season, you got to think the timing is better now than later on.

we as fans have to find our feet like the saints d in the second half. We got a long way to go.

WHO DAT
The 2nd INT, I think he has a touchdown if he squares his body and steps into the throw. I didn't see the replay from a different angle, but on the head on view, you can see a receiver about 10 yards down field from Horn. I am not sure if someone was around him. The offensive line was like turnstiles today. On one play, Ruiz has a blitzer lined up in front of him. He hikes the ball and moves to the left as if to help the guard. Meanwhile, Peat blocks his man, so Ruiz is in open space with no one to block and the blitzer comes in unblocked and gets the sack. Winston had on average about 2 seconds to throw. I don't know if he wasn't recognizing the blitzes and making the calls or the O line couldn't hear the calls. Just a terrible game all around.

This reminds me of when Denver had to start a no name WR at QB.

It's just a bad break.

Last edited:
All Things Considered,

WHO DAT
Add that its been almost a month since the players have been home. That is bound to wear and tire on a team. Everyone knows you relax and rest the best when your in your own house.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom