All things Florida Man (5 Viewers)

Robble Robble
======================

JENSEN BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Florida officials say they are looking for a ‘hamburglar’ who broke into two restaurants, fixed himself some food, and then stole money.

The Martin County Sheriff’s Office says the suspect forced his way into a Wendy’s in Jensen Beach, Florida, by smashing a window with a brick. He then fired up the grill, made himself a hamburger, and walked away with the store’s safe.

He also went to another Jensen Beach restaurant, where he helped himself to more food and money..........

Robble Robble
======================

JENSEN BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Florida officials say they are looking for a ‘hamburglar’ who broke into two restaurants, fixed himself some food, and then stole money.

The Martin County Sheriff’s Office says the suspect forced his way into a Wendy’s in Jensen Beach, Florida, by smashing a window with a brick. He then fired up the grill, made himself a hamburger, and walked away with the store’s safe.

He also went to another Jensen Beach restaurant, where he helped himself to more food and money..........

On Facebook , the office posted photos and asked the public to help identify the suspect, who has a tattoo on his left arm and is described as a white male in his mid-thirties.
so pretty much anyone in the state

PLANT CITY, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man is charged with impersonating a law enforcement officer after pulling over an off-duty sheriff’s deputy.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office says 35-year-old Barry Lee Hastings Jr. was driving a black Ford Crown Victoria on Interstate 4 Thursday night when he activated flashing lights on the vehicle and pulled over another driver.

That other driver happened to be an off-duty Lee County deputy, who twice asked Hastings to show him proof he was a law enforcement officer. Hastings replied he was an officer, but he left his credentials at the office............

The weird thing about Florida man is that much of the incidents are Neqws because Florida passed an all encompassing Freedom of Information style law that makes all of the arrests and incidents open to news sources. A lot of other places might look a lot more like Florida if similar good laws were in place

Don't you ruin this for me!

I'm hoping the child was not injured.
Just scared according to the article. I think the arrest stemmed more from his Meth than anything else.

ETA:

Well just scared by this incident. Obviously growing up in a meth house will have longer lasting impact if that is the case.

Last edited:
Just scared according to the article. I think the arrest stemmed more from his Meth than anything else.

ETA:

We'll just scared by this incident. Obviously growing up in a meth house will have longer lasting impact if that is the case.
Okay, yeah, I didn't want to make light. Never should of course but heard something really awful that wasn't a Florida man (Indiana man and the incident happened on a cruise ship in Puerto Rico) but involved a 1 or 2 year old child and a really freaky horrendous death and just can't hear any more today.

Good article on “Florida Man”
======================

...........Since Florida Man was first defined on Twitter in 2013 as the “world’s worst superhero,” many men (and it’s almost always men) have assumed the mantle.

He is a man of a thousand tattooed faces, a slapstick outlaw, an Internet-traffic gold mine, a cruel punchline, a beloved prankster, a human tragedy and, like some other love-hate American mascots, the subject of burgeoning controversy...........

I’ve laughed at headlines like “Florida Man Arrested for Calling 911 After His Cat Was Denied Entry Into Strip Club.” I’ve gawped at stories like “Florida Man Removes Facial Tattoos With Welding Grinder.”

But over the years I’ve also started to get a queasy feeling of complicity when I click on headlines that play up the quirks of horrific crimes for Web traffic, like “A Florida Man Beat His Daughter For 40 Minutes While Listening To Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines,’ ” a 101-word BuzzFeed story that found room to tastelessly embed the supermodel-studded music video.

This past April, I set out to meet a few Florida Men behind the clickbait and answer some questions, like: Is Florida Man a hero, a villain or a victim? And is it still okay to laugh along?..........

D_y74o7UwAEktsg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom